• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs in the MLB Draft

Is that high enough that Cooney will leave or was he going to leave regardless?

Congrats, and yeah it's high enough that I would expect Cooney to leave.

Mac went significantly higher than expected... they're definitely gone.

Good for Cooney considering every decision the Cardinals make is the right one.

As long as those are the only two we lose Wake baseball should still be in good shape.

What does our incoming class look like?

Any risk of losing any of them to the draft?

Really happy for both of them. Hope they succeed. Sorely going to miss Mac, one of my favorites to ever come through here.

Mark McCoy, pitcher from Barnegat, N.J., started telling teams after the fifth round that he was going to Wake, according to my sources. Pretty good news since I had been hearing for a long time that he was going to go early and sign.

Carlos Lopez was drafted by the Nats in the 12th round- 384th overall.

Brian Holmes was the 1st pick of the 13th round by the Astros- 399 overall.

Chances we get these guys back? Well, at least Holmes? Los is a senior

Lopez, Williamson, and Cooney are all definitely gone. Williamson and Lopez graduated and Cooney was expected to leave since his stock has been top 200 all year. I don't know what to expect from Holmes. I think his signing bonus and stock will substantially increase after this year but who knows if he goes or not to be honest. I bet he signs with the Astros, just a gut feeling/guess though.

Mark McCoy, pitcher from Barnegat, N.J., started telling teams after the fifth round that he was going to Wake, according to my sources. Pretty good news since I had been hearing for a long time that he was going to go early and sign.

I think he went 9th round, and then he tweeted about it saying he was going to go to Wake. He was drafted by the Angels IIRC

Lopez, Williamson, and Cooney are all definitely gone. Williamson and Lopez graduated and Cooney was expected to leave since his stock has been top 200 all year. I don't know what to expect from Holmes. I think his signing bonus and stock will substantially increase after this year but who knows if he goes or not to be honest. I bet he signs with the Astros, just a gut feeling/guess though.

The Astros may be in a position to dangle over-slot money to some of their guys. Not sure how much that will matter to Holmes, but it's worth thinking about.

congrats guys...You're gonna have to learn your clichés. You're gonna have to study them, you're gonna have to know them. They're your friends.

I think our coach has done a great job, but a guy we had as a freshman who grew 5 inches that year just got drafted in 18th round. We didn't allow him to try out so he transferred to Ohio St and became a weekend starter for them.

Back