• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs v. Holes Game Thread

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. Fuck Carolina. Fuck tarhole, pussy baby blue, fuck Butch Davis and all his cheating recruits. Fuck their unearned sense of superiority or accomplishment, fuck their mullet head, Wal-Mart fans with no connection to the program besides fake ass jerseys and 90's starter jackets.

Thank God I had sopmething to do and had to watch this abomination on DVR so I could fast forward it and be done in like 60 minutes.

why kind of scheme has a lb man up on a wr

My favorite play of the game was when Justin Jackson lined up at Middle Linebacker and then proceeded to put his hand down like a defensive end. He was right where the LB's usually line up - nowhere near the line of scrimmage. He lifted his hand up real fast as the ball was snapped - but I had never seen that - ever.

Oh, and he probably played better than anybody today.

That made me think "what is really going on out there?"

also, what does self-imposed probation actually do?

They're saying we accept at least this much of a penalty in hopes that the NCAA won't add anything to it. Seems to me there will have to be more of a penalty than that.

Vacating wins is worthless, $50K fine is chicken feed, loss of 3 schollies for three years, get real.

ETA: If the NCAA is serious about this level of cheating, they impose a two year bowl ban, and make UNC return the bowl money from those games. Double the loss of schollies and it seems right.

Last edited:
This is on the coaches. Teams figure us out and we've got no alternatives. Hard to believe a Grobte team can't run and control some clock like we use to. O is absolutely throwing an undersized but relatively quick D under the bus. Our coaching reminds me of Brian Regans airport moving sidewalk monologue. Those who stand on the walking side and almost fall down at the end..."Wow...what. was that ..something changed!" ..as they twirl their finger in their hair.Are our coaches really surprised when teams figure us out and easily and totally shut us down? Do they think we can play toe-to-toe ball in the ACC with no running game and a shotgun spread alone? We're dumb and dumber all in one! No giddy up in players looks like last year when they had little confidence in the coaching philosophy. We are better than last year but poor coaching lost some winable games last year....IMO.

Why are the holes still running plays?

lol this was my only question as the clock wound down. They kept running variations on reverses. I don't think they were even trying to run up the score, they just kept calling odd running plays as the clock was winding down.

MY OBSERVATION
When a WR coach turns into a D-Cord this is what happens to your Defense... THRASHED for 500+ yards!
Also when your LBs are slow as shit, TEs eat you up!
We got out coached by an interim coach today!
Kenny is not a starting CB, he is becoming a liability.
We have been figured out and we will not win another game.(I hate to say that)
EPIC FAIL!!!

MY OBSERVATION
When a WR coach turns into a D-Cord this is what happens to your Defense... THRASHED for 500+ yards!
Also when your LBs are slow as shit, TEs eat you up!
We got out coached by an interim coach today!
Kenny is not a starting CB, he is becoming a liability.
We have been figured out and we will not win another game.(I hate to say that)
EPIC FAIL!!!

OMG It's like the Deacs are the Bills

I thought UNC vacated the 2008 and 2009 seasons? Why is Pam Ward saying they're bowl eligible for a 4th straight season?

Oh yeah. Because vacating wins is a joke.

I noticed that the 2008 and 2009 bowl plaques are STILL on display in the stadium.

Remember, vacating wins is a serious punishment, especially when you don't actually vacate them. Serious and sufficient, I tell you.

I predicted wake by 14+ and wake getting at least 2 interceptions.
I was at the game and was shocked how ill-prepared wake was. Wake's coaches were on the field yelling at our D after every play, particularly in the first half. The D wasn't set when the ball was snapped multiple times.
On O the receivors didn't appear to be where the QB expected them.
I walked out after the 4th interception.

Back