• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs vs Elon tonight 7 on 7

pigskin4life

Reaction score
I heard it was Varsity vs JV out there. (and we were varsity lol )

Defense

Bud had a pick 6, KJ had one in his hands but dropped it. Olson dominated the middle of the field. D mack was on point

Offense

Camp and Sherman put on a show....

Great to hear about Ragland. What's his scouting report? Any chance he finishes second on team in receiving yards?

Great to hear about Ragland. What's his scouting report? Any chance he finishes second on team in receiving yards?

The scouting report is that he is very explosive and has that saviness. He could def be # 2 but TD has put in his due and earned some serious looks.

Were Okoro and Marshall both playing Safety or were they at CB??

Yea I am putting my money on the WR's looking like this #1 Camp #2 TD #3 SR III #4 Matt James this year. Ragland I hope will be a study I still have yet to see him play. Does anyone expect Rucker, Willis, and Terry to contribute.

Josh was posting about the 7 vs 7 I was very curious.

Okoro stays at CB this year and Marshall got moved to safety was my understanding.

Okoro has no business at CB this year given our roster IMHO. Would much rather AJ and him switch if the above is true...

Okoro will do fine at the nickel position. Josh Bush played that a lot last year as well.

Okoro will do fine at the nickel position. Josh Bush played that a lot last year as well.

Yeah, the coaches know a lot more than I do. I just feel like every time the ball gets thrown his way when he's 1 vs. 1 he gets burned badly. I'd rather him be in more of a support role

I can't think of any Wake football players who have embarrassed the university more on the field than Okoro, both with his poor play and ridiculous antics.

I can't think of any Wake football players who have embarrassed the university more on the field than Okoro, both with his poor play and ridiculous antics.

so you're saying there's room for improvement across the board?

but did you see that pass that sailed over the receivers out stretched arms??? that was all Kenny. he caused that incompletion, let 'em celebrate like he won the national celebration

Yeah and this. The only time I saw him do it where I thought it justifiable was when Quarles got a PI call on a 3rd and what, 33 against BC? I'm pretty sure I remember Okoro blowing up, but yeah other than that, he's the one Deac on our football team who I don't like seeing on the field...

Josh started and played strickly at the safety position. AJ (mostly) and D Lowe (some) were the primary nickle backs. Of course D Lowe also backed up at safety (frequently) and AJ was a back up corner (rarely).

Back