• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dead50 - any Deacs going?

I fucking wish. Sent in on the presale and apparently sent too late. The last 2 nights were fucking amazing though.

On a plane returning now from Santa Clara. Thinking about Chicago

On a plane returning now from Santa Clara. Thinking about Chicago

That's amazing, did you go to both days? I watched all of the first day online and missed a good amount of the second but caught the tail end. I'm pissed cause I missed Brown Eyed Women and that's one of my favorite songs.

Took my wife so we did an evening in Sonoma night two. Massive venue. Biggest thing I've ever seen. Too much really. The crowd was excellent. Really was. All sorts of people. Shakedown was late setting up. The first night was a little sloppy in the first set and very obscure 60s set list. Drums was the best part. The light show with it and having Mickey and billy up close on the jumbotron was really cool. Sound was perfect. They adjusted the show for the size. I'm glad they are making some money. The guys deserve it. All good to me.

They rainbow was anazing. Truly one of the most emotional things I've witnessed. 100,000 people with their mouths open. The weird wind, the orange sky, then a perfect rainbow at the end of the first set. People were weeping, I have chill bumps just thinking about it. Jerry. Bottom line.

That's awesome. The second I saw the rainbow I got emotional and I was only watching it online, I can't imagine what those who were lucky enough to be there felt. I must say that after about 10 min in the first night Trey completely won me over. After reading reddit and other forums it's great to see the overwhelming sentiment that Trey was the right choice and holds his own. I finally saw the Brown Eyed Women from last night and it was alright but I'm just so beyond use to hearing Jerry's voice sing it it caught me off guard a little bit.

i went saturday. it was amazing. the vibe was awesome. the sky was amazing. i was super skeptical of the venue. it seemed so corporate and lame. then they started rocking and it melted away. the firsts et was amazing as the sky opened up for a glorious rainbow and sunset (see some pics i took below). the second set was way more jammy which i was less in to after the long intermission. the encore was pretty rad. convinced my deadhead uncle to go to chicago on sunday which is awesome.

XwntM0BB8d7tBI2oYgFGNMTVdNYvJMHG8mSTT92ykjQ=w1920-h1080-no

6MupsFDcLVBo99gmPpfysd7TyJ9lcTCyQ46Y1XbrvDg=w1920-h1080-no

LWp_IJe1EQvTsq7K7ncLaML-Upm047-jId_TufE7xZk=w1920-h1080-no
Posted in the usic thread but figured I'd bring it here too.

Jerry says wassup!! Went to Santa Clara and the Stones on Wednesday. Work is keeping me from going to Chicago. Have a bunch of friends there. I love the Dead's catalog so the obscure 60's setlist was right up my alley. Sunday was a more traditional setlist from the 70s/80s period.

5c048a60-1f59-11e5-96fb-cd7bf0f91352_GettyImages-478886018.jpg

Last edited:
Blind tiger in Greensboro is showing all 3 nights for free on a big projection HD screen with full PA system.

box, jack straw, bertha, passenger, wheel
so far. Good god.

First set was fantastic. But an hour break followed by Drums/Space three songs in to the second?

Mickey needs to just bang the damn drums and not play with his electronic gizmos

Listened to the 4th show on Sirius heading back today from the beach. Other than lead vocalist (Weir usually) being hard to hear at times, it sounded like a good show.

Tonight has been amazing. What a setlist (so far):

Set 1:
China Cat Sunflower
I Know You Rider
Estimated Prophet
Built to Last
Samson and Delilah
Mountains of the Moon
Throwing Stones
Set 2: (Fireworks display at end of intermission)
Truckin'
Cassidy
Althea
Terrapin Station
Drums
Space
Unbroken Chain
The Days Between

Absolutely amazing setlist to end it and I can't wait to see what's next to close it out. I'd assume Not Fade Away and We Bid You Goodnight. Tonight was easily one of, if not the best, renditions of Throwing Stones.

I just thought the t stones was ok. I prefer it much more up tempo. They have to play touch.

I can't fucking wait for this box set.

That chant is so powerful and symbolic right now.

Back