• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dear Charlie Ergen

Winkathomelygirl

Reaction score
Dear Charlie,

It is my understanding that you are the richest Wake Forest graduate, worth $11 billion dollars. Please donate less than one percent ($100 million) to Wake in a package that will bring Shaka Smart here, rebuild the arena to his specifications, give him a private jet for recruiting, etc. If your fortune is earning 6% annually, you will not notice the donation after two months. We are willing to rename the area to the Dish Network Dish, change the name of the team to the Dish Deacons and will require every alumnus to take Dish service.

Thanks in advance for your generous donation.

A alum from your generation.

Probably would have went over better if the Old Gold and Black hadn't seen fit to trash his commencement speech.

Charles received a Bachelor of Arts the University of Tennessee at Knoxville where he was a former walk-on basketball player, and an M.B.A. Wake Forest University. He was a blackjack and poker professional player.

Yeah, maybe if he had come here for undergrad. I bet he's never even been to a Wake sporting event.

Warren Stephens is the guy to go after. Didn't go to wfu undergrad but credits wake for his success. He's on record numerous times saying he wouldn't be a billionaire without wfu.

Or James woolery. Or a couple guys you ran off these boards by being passive aggressive beta males.

Yeah, maybe if he had come here for undergrad. I bet he's never even been to a Wake sporting event.

Considering that his daughter was part of the Wake Field Hockey chicks with sticks, I am betting that he has been to sporting events....

Charlie is oddly attached to Wake. There are more Deacs at DISH than Ivy Leaguers and he always has a number of DISH interns. Apparently he likes Wake basketball and Tennessee football.

Interesting. I met one of his top marketing guys at a bar/restaurant in Madison, Wisconsin once. The guy was really nice when he found out that I was a Wake alum. He knew a tremendous amount of Wake Forest trivia and said that he used it quiz Wake interns.

Interesting. I met one of his top marketing guys at a bar/restaurant in Madison, Wisconsin once. The guy was really nice when he found out that I was a Wake alum. He knew a tremendous amount of Wake Forest trivia and said that he used it quiz Wake interns.

Was it Amir? He remembers Jerry Schellenberg's high school team. He's amazing.

Was it Amir? He remembers Jerry Schellenberg's high school team. He's amazing.

Was not Amir. Can't remember his name right now. He was middle-aged and worked with telecommunications companies. I believe he was pretty high up the food chain.

Are you talking about the guy that was at Wake when we were?

Yeah. Funny isn't it?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323699704578324393663880944.html

One of the biggest names in mergers and acquisitions, J.P. Morgan Chase JPM -0.64% & Co.'s Jim Woolery, is leaving the bank after two years to become deputy chairman of New York law firm Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP.

Mr. Woolery, 43 years old, became the bank's co-head of North American M&A in 2011 after serving as a partner at law firm Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP. He is returning to the law to help boost the corporate practice at Cadwalader, a 439-lawyer firm that is growing again after the financial crisis dealt a blow to its practice in mortgage-backed securities.

Mr. Woolery joins Cadwalader on Monday. The job could put him in line eventually to succeed Chairman W. Christopher White, 61.

The move is a big personal bet for Mr. Woolery. He is jumping back to the legal industry when it still is struggling with a shortage of work, and he is leaving J.P. Morgan just as mergers are showing new signs of life. Thanks to its roles in the $24.4 billion buyout of Dell Inc. DELL -0.97% and the $23 billion takeover of H.J. Heinz Co., HNZ +0.00% J.P. Morgan is now the top adviser for mergers and acquisitions in U.S., according to Dealogic.

Why not ping John Chambers, CEO of Cisco as well. His daughter went to Wake. I'm sure his love and passion for Duke basketball would allow him to commit big bucks for an extension for Buzzzzzzzzzzzy.

Back