• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dear Representative Thornberry (R-TX), We've Been at War for 16 Years Now...

ONW

Reaction score
the US is going to stand up for itself by dropping a massive bomb in a desert? On behalf of everyone that has served in the military since 2001...go fuck yourself, if you think we're just now standing up for our interests.

"Thornberry told Wallace the Trump Administration sent an important message of its own last week in using the “MOAB” or so-called “mother of all bombs” on a cave complex in Afghanistan, killing dozens of ISIS fighters.

He (President Trump) is sending a message that now the United States is going to stand up for our interests, and make sure that we have the military capability to prevail if we choose to use force” Thornberry said."

"Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee – the first Texan of either party to hold this position."

Last edited:
What has dropping bombs in the desert done for us so far?

Sadly, most national Republicans seem to like war. They also will back any president who wants to bomb another country. it's called "supporting the troops."

Include me out. We should have left Iraq and Afghanistan a long time ago.

Reactions: ONW
Sadly, most national Republicans seem to like war. They also will back any president who wants to bomb another country. it's called "supporting the troops."

What was Obama dropping from those drones, and when did pubs support him?

The GOP continued its support for the disasters in Iraq and Afghanistan. Are you also telling me no GOP legislators supported the Libya operation?

Bring the troops home.

Raleigh, look up the difference between GOP support for Obama striking Syria and for Trump doing the same. Wide gap. Meanwhile there was no difference in Dem support for each.

Most of your party blindly follows the leader.

How many Democrats were marching in front of the White House the past eight years demanding we quit jumping in the middle of other nations' conflicts?

Maybe the GOP voters have more faith in Trump than they ever did in Obama.

I was against the strike. Let the Arabs sort it out.

What are you talking about?

Has RaleighDevil pivoted or has Trump pivoted?

Has RaleighDevil pivoted or has Trump pivoted?

In my view, the national interest does not mean going around the world trying to solve the problems of others.

Syria is a quagmire. Are there really many good guys there? Who do you root for if you are a Christian and are aware that being from that religion means you get a better shake from Assad than from the opposition?

What the hell are we doing in Afghanistan? I was not aware that was a vital geographical location.

Then we have the Korean peninsula, where the wild man from the North thrives on the attention we give him. Ignore the idiot. South Korean has more people and more money. Why are American lives on the line.

What Putin does on his borders does not threaten one American life, not that he isn't an SOB on par with the jackass in Turkey.

You do have to give Hillary credit for her great work in Libya. At least Obama recognized his mistake in getting involved.

This is non-interventionism, not isolationism.

So what did you think candidate Trump was going to do with the military he sought to expand?

In my view, the national interest does not mean going around the world trying to solve the problems of others.

Syria is a quagmire. Are there really many good guys there? Who do you root for if you are a Christian and are aware that being from that religion means you get a better shake from Assad than from the opposition?

What the hell are we doing in Afghanistan? I was not aware that was a vital geographical location.

Then we have the Korean peninsula, where the wild man from the North thrives on the attention we give him. Ignore the idiot. South Korean has more people and more money. Why are American lives on the line.

What Putin does on his borders does not threaten one American life, not that he isn't an SOB on par with the jackass in Turkey.

You do have to give Hillary credit for her great work in Libya. At least Obama recognized his mistake in getting involved.

This is non-interventionism, not isolationism.

So the answer is Trump. Do you regret voting for him now? Will you still vocally support him?

I just want to take a sec and say I appreciate RD's comments on this thread. Can't say I often agree with him, but it's refreshing to see honest conservatives of whatever variation not blindly follow Trump.

Back