• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dear Shaka...

We're currently paying Bzz the same as Murray State pays Greg Marshall. I think Wake has more resources that Murray State.

Murray State paying Greg Marshall is a poor business move. They should at least get him to do some consulting work when he isn't coaching at Wichita State. Would only be fair.

Murray State paying Greg Marshall is a poor business move. They should at least get him to do some consulting work when he isn't coaching at Wichita State. Would only be fair.

Atleast maybe we could get UNC, Duke, and State to chip in on Buzz's salary. What is an automatic conference win worth?

Anthony Grant currently makes nearly $2MM per year. He ain't going anywhere.

You watch. Alabama is not a destination coaching gig for a reason.

I know they are in the tourney and are winning, but they get Carolina on Sunday if they win. They were ranked in the top 12 before the suspensions. I think one of the suspended kids is not back but not 100% sure.

I don't think that's true. I think it was bzd own penalty fee at Colorado he was talking about being bzd's responsibility. I believe the bulk of Dino's money comes off the books next year. It's possible the financials changed a bit when the Teague Gary blowjob story went national as I think we negotiated a smaller buyout number in exchange for good reputation. But that could have been claused. Don't know.

I don't think we can pay Shaka today for revenue we anticipate tomorrow though. Wellman has run a buttoned down department up til now. Can't see that changing. He didn't even start the scoreboard til he had money in hand even though that meant having it under construction during the season correct?

LOL! How would that work since it was investigated and the players were exonerated and never publicly disciplined by the school?

I don't think that's true. I think it was bzd own penalty fee at Colorado he was talking about being bzd's responsibility. I believe the bulk of Dino's money comes off the books next year. It's possible the financials changed a bit when the Teague Gary blowjob story went national as I think we negotiated a smaller buyout number in exchange for good reputation. But that could have been claused. Don't know.

I don't think we can pay Shaka today for revenue we anticipate tomorrow though. Wellman has run a buttoned down department up til now. Can't see that changing. He didn't even start the scoreboard til he had money in hand even though that meant having it under construction during the season correct?

I could see this making serious news.

LOL! How would that work since it was investigated and the players were exonerated and never publicly disciplined by the school?

Pretty simple. If we got Dino to agree to a much lower buyout in exchange for not saying the reason he was fired was due to a number of off the court incidence or lack of program control so that Dino's reputation wouldn't take any sort of hit, then it is possible his agent snuck something in the termination agreement that if there were some future leaks of some of this stuff then that particular clause would have to be revisited. Since the young lady was on the Today show, that would trigger the end of that part of the termination agreement.

If it is tightly worded, then it would need to be a university leak or statement which it was not. If it was loosely worded, then any sort of after the fact public blow back on Dino's tenure could trigger it ...

But it could be non-specific: If Dino takes a coaching job, then the buyout $ is less. Wellman does not mention some of the variables because he hopes Dino takes another job and lowers the buyout that way. As it is, Dino has not been seriously considered for a job though that may very welll be by choice

Last edited:
You're making up shit and then trying to rationalize the shit that you just completely made up.

This is hilarious.

I remember awhile back on the old boards Jaybone raked me over the coals for speculating that we'd have a transfer from the basketball team. He asked me what my inside info was and hassled me about it then criticized me for engaging in such harmful speculation when I just going by what happened in the past.

Now Jaybone is acting like he's in Wellman's head.

You're making up shit and then trying to rationalize the shit that you just completely made up.

This is hilarious.

If colleges start firing coaches for their players getting blowjobs from coeds, it could change the world of sports as we know it. Dino should have never been hired for lack of head coaching credentials. Buzz should have never been for sucking at basketball coaching.

This is hilarious.

I am absolutely making up shit, but I know some of that stuff does go into termination agreements. is it Dino's? I have no idea and I thought I was pretty clear I was pulling it out of my mildly educated ass.

I remember awhile back on the old boards Jaybone raked me over the coals for speculating that we'd have a transfer from the basketball team. He asked me what my inside info was and hassled me about it then criticized me for engaging in such harmful speculation when I just going by what happened in the past.

Now Jaybone is acting like he's in Wellman's head.

Welcome to 2012 PH. I've been acting like I'm in Wellman's head for like six months. Obviously, it is all speculation. I try to base it on history, which is there for everyone to absorb, and some very limited info, but I remember raking you over the coals, and you were basing transfers based on bad speculation.

You were saying Stachitas IS GONE (I think) because of the QB in front of him and the ones behind him and I pointed out that was bad theorizing and that players transferring around for playing time, particularly in football is not absolutely correlated like that. So it was a bit reckless.

"players transferring around for playing time, particularly in football is not absolutely correlated like that."

Except it is. Look at QB transfers from Wake.

Stach is still at Wake. We've recently lost QB transfers who can transfer and play immediately AFTER they get their Wake degree. Stach wasn't in that position. But maybe you were talking the QB that went to Memphis. I can't remember, but I think it was Stach.

As it is, Dino has not been seriously considered for a job though that may very welll be by choice

I could ask this for your entire post, but how the hell do you know this? Billy Gillispie got a Big 12 HC job after his divebomb at Kentucky and multiple DUIs. You think Dino, coming off an NCAA tournament, a winning record at Wake, and good recruiting reputation, isn't getting any offers?

I wonder what Dino's getting from ESPN $200k? Is that too much, I have no clue. Plus buyout money that's living good in CLT

Pretty simple. If we got Dino to agree to a much lower buyout in exchange for not saying the reason he was fired was due to a number of off the court incidence or lack of program control so that Dino's reputation wouldn't take any sort of hit, then it is possible his agent snuck something in the termination agreement that if there were some future leaks of some of this stuff then that particular clause would have to be revisited. Since the young lady was on the Today show, that would trigger the end of that part of the termination agreement.

If it is tightly worded, then it would need to be a university leak or statement which it was not. If it was loosely worded, then any sort of after the fact public blow back on Dino's tenure could trigger it ...

But it could be non-specific: If Dino takes a coaching job, then the buyout $ is less. Wellman does not mention some of the variables because he hopes Dino takes another job and lowers the buyout that way. As it is, Dino has not been seriously considered for a job though that may very welll be by choice

This speculation isn't plausible on several levels.

First, that we held some negotiating power by not exposing the "out of control" Wake basketball program that wasn't evidenced by arrests, school disciplinary actions, nothing. We would sound like idiots if we had made that the reason he had been fired and would have really opened Wellman up to questions as well. The main issue that has come up was investigated and the parties exonerated. Wellman didn't insist that Gary Clark transfer, he was never disciplined publicly by Wake, and now that is going to be the basis of our stick against Dino?

Secondly, we have been talking "culture change" ever since players who weren't students when Dino was coach started getting into trouble and we started getting blown out nightly. If we were under some sort of gag order, I highly doubt this would be our PR position.

Thirdly, Wake wouldn't sign a contract that would hold it libel for the actions of a third party it had no control over. We have lawyers on staff you know.

I am absolutely making up shit, but I know some of that stuff does go into termination agreements. is it Dino's? I have no idea and I thought I was pretty clear I was pulling it out of my mildly educated ass.

No. You are making shit up that isn't rational at all. It is tin-foil hat worthy, in fact.

Mildly educated or not, you are talking like a crazy person with all this nonsense.

This speculation isn't plausible on several levels.

First, that we held some negotiating power by not exposing the "out of control" Wake basketball program that wasn't evidenced by arrests, school disciplinary actions, nothing. We would sound like idiots if we had made that the reason he had been fired and would have really opened Wellman up to questions as well. The main issue that has come up was investigated and the parties exonerated. Wellman didn't insist that Gary Clark transfer, he was never disciplined publicly by Wake, and now that is going to be the basis of our stick against Dino?

Secondly, we have been talking "culture change" ever since players who weren't students when Dino was coach started getting into trouble and we started getting blown out nightly. If we were under some sort of gag order, I highly doubt this would be our PR position.

Thirdly, Wake wouldn't sign a contract that would hold it libel for the actions of a third party it had no control over. We have lawyers on staff you know.

Good point, how the fuck is Wellman going to fire a coach for something Gary Clark did, and then let Gary Clark play for another year? Not to mention the fact that Tony Woods left Wake on his own accord, as he was reportedly only suspended from the team for a year. The further we get away from it, the more people revise Dino's tenure here, mostly because of "purple monkey dishwasher" speculation like jaybone's post. Wellman doesn't need anyone on here to defend him, especially not with bullshit.

Last edited:
"players transferring around for playing time, particularly in football is not absolutely correlated like that."

Except it is. Look at QB transfers from Wake.

You were wrong.

Own up to it.

Back