• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Debit Card Security Issues

Seriously who uses debit anymore?

Us poors. I've got a Barclays card with a ridonkulous interest rate that I financed a Macbook with, but I just keep it for emergencies. Haven't missed a payment on anything in 4 or 5 years, but because of my student loans my debt ratio is keeping my credit rating from going up.

My student loan tab is large as well but I only use credit cards. I don't carry a balance and the rewards are awesome. I have not used my debit card for a real transaction in years.

Us poors. I've got a Barclays card with a ridonkulous interest rate that I financed a Macbook with, but I just keep it for emergencies. Haven't missed a payment on anything in 4 or 5 years, but because of my student loans my debt ratio is keeping my credit rating from going up.

Or the reason your credit rating hasn't gone up is that you don't have any credit cards so your overall credit available to you is low.

Why you got no credit cards sir?

Or the reason your credit rating hasn't gone up is that you don't have any credit cards so your overall credit available to you is low.

Why you got no credit cards sir?

I only apply for the rewards and points cards, and I've only applied for a few the last couple of years. Doesn't make sense to me to apply for cards that have the same or worse benefits/interest rate than my Barclays card.

maybe it does make sense if your credit score is bad, find no annual fee ones and put em away?

Back