• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Decorated Deacs Podcast Series

traegshock

Reaction score
Fellow Deacs -

It's been a long time since I've posted to these boards! But I've been lurking for a while. I'll save my hard feelings about the state of Wake Forest basketball for another day. In the meantime, I'm excited to announce a great project from the Alumni Office. As the co-chair of Decorated Deacs, a group of Wake Forest veteran-alumni, I'd like to share our plans for a podcast to debut April 7...

Decorated Deacs is excited to announce its "Profiles in Service" Podcast Series. The series will feature Decorated Deacs from around the world discussing their careers and experiences, motivations to serve, and personal thoughts on the importance of national service and Pro Humanitate. To align with Wake Forest's Pro Humanitate Days 2019, our first episode will launch on Sunday, April 7, 2019 at 3:30pm EDT.

We are excited to welcome Matt Gallagher ('05) as our first guest. A former U.S. Army Captain, Matt is the author of the novel Youngblood, published in February 2016 by Atria/Simon & Schuster and a finalist for the 2016 Dayton Literary Peace Prize. He's also the author of the Iraq memoir Kaboom and coeditor of, and contributor to, the short fiction collection Fire & Forget: Short Stories from the Long War. Matt's work has also appeared in The New York Times, The Atlantic, The Paris Review Daily and Wired, among other places. In 2015, Gallagher was featured in Vanity Fair as one of the voices of a new generation of American war literature. Continuing his dedication to service, Matt volunteers as a writing instructor at Words After War, a literary nonprofit devoted to bringing veterans and civilians together to study conflict literature. Inspired to serve his country by the events of September 11, 2001 and the motto of his alma mater, "Pro Humanitate," Matt will share his experiences and insights in a talk hosted by Decorated Deacs Co-Chair Josh Traeger ('05).

To celebrate our first podcast, this episode will be recorded LIVE. Listeners may dial in using the details below and, when prompted, ask questions of Mr. Gallagher. Listeners who are unable to join us live may also listen to the podcast after it is recorded (details to follow).

EVENT DETAILS

Date: April 7
Time: 3:30 p.m. EDT
Dial-In: 877-876-9173 (U.S. or Canada)
785-424-1667 (International)
Conference ID: GODEACS

I truly hope many of you will join us.

Matt does have a face for radio...

It should be a good show...

Good luck!!!

Back