• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Defensive Coordinator Coaching Search Thread - BRAD LAMBERT IS COMING HOME

Give me Daronte Jones. LSU coordinator last year, from Maryland, played at Temple. Coached in the NFL and CFL. Former DB coach. Had stops at Hawaii, UCLA and Wisconsin. Apparently he can recruit too. Time at Hawaii and UCLA show he is familiar with offense first teams.

Be a great hire: young, aggressive well-spoken, college and pro experience. Looks to be a very good recruiter. Righted the Tiger defense once Orgeron quit micromanaging the D and just quit altogether. LSU played tough with a list of 2nd and 3rd teamers at the end of the year after the transfers, opt and injuries. 1st year at LSU so not tainted with any of the Coach O drama.

Clawson will hire someone he knows that probably he has coached with before. I doubt any of the current defensive coaches will be let go. He may even promote one of the current defensive coaches to DC.

Defensive Coordinator Coaching Search Thread

Probably
Maybe
Doubtful

Next year could be a very special year returning most of this offense. It would be worth it to bring in a coach who isn’t a long term solution but will get the most out of the D next year and set it in the right direction.

I just hope Clawson doesn’t let the BC and Rutgers games convince him things aren’t as bad as they looked vs. UNC, Clemson, and Pitt.

Last edited:
Clawson will hire someone he knows that probably he has coached with before. I doubt any of the current defensive coaches will be let go. He may even promote one of the current defensive coaches to DC.

If he were to promote from within - I think it would have already happened

Clawson is a CEO type and not a micromanager. I imagine he’ll make a hire for DC, give them honest assessments about the current defensive coaches, and then let the new DC decide who to retain.

I wonder if there is a place for Miles Fox on the staff as a GA or something. He seems like he would be a great coach.

So is Ohio State hiring a new DC? That’s formidable competition.

Sure but I didn’t know Ohio State would be fishing at all.

They already hired Jim Knowles from Okie State. So we are fishing in the same pool as the lesser OSU, and they have never been able to hang onto a coordinator.

They already hired Jim Knowles from Okie State. So we are fishing in the same pool as the lesser OSU, and they have never been able to hang onto a coordinator.

I enjoyed watching Baylor play defense against Old Miss. They were very aggressive creating turnovers, sacks, stopped the run and tons of pressure on QB. Ultimately creating a lot of chaos. I would like to see us get someone off their staff who is up and comer and a great recruiter in the State of Texas. I would like to see our offense with a uptempo defense.

I enjoyed watching Baylor play defense against Old Miss. They were very aggressive creating turnovers, sacks, stopped the run and tons of pressure on QB. Ultimately creating a lot of chaos. I would like to see us get someone off their staff who is up and comer and a great recruiter in the State of Texas. I would like to see our offense with a uptempo defense.

Dave Aranda is a defensive genius.

So you Aranda lovers recognize that Ole Miss shut out Baylor’s offense for over three quarters and that Ole Miss was playing with a backup quarterback last night, right ?

Aranda is a great defensive mind, but both he and Knowles benefited greatly from the plethora of super seniors on their roster. The Pokes in particular will have a huge dropoff next year.

They picked of corral twice and caused a fumble when Corral was playing. Not sure why one pick over turned. SCked him a couple times and knocked him out of the game. All in Q1. Seems like their D was good before back up in the game.

Back