• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deleting threads

All just a part of the game. It was obnoxious, and anyone offended can take comfort that I'll be roasting with Christopher Hitchens and Bree Olson for eternity

I like these new boards, but there is no reason for you guys to act like this. Seriously, why start a thread you know is going to be locked/deleted just so you can act outraged? Were you really trying to start a serious discussion by asking whether Jesus was a pussy or the biggest pussy ever? I doubt it. The sooner you guys realize that you are not actually being e-persecuted, the better. It's a little obnoxious that you are going out of your way to sensationalize and create drama where there is none, but it is even worse that the people who are doing it are moderators over here. Sorry, but you guys aren't bucking the system by doing this. It's not a giant conspiracy to enslave Wake fans, and starting this board wasn't some glorious revolution. It's an internet dispute. I appreciate the effort you guys put in to start this thing, and think you did a good job. But there is no need to continually antagonize the people on the other board.

Last edited:
Agree with TW. There were many different ways to ask/address that question without that type of title. I feel certain any of the mods over there would have taken it down, so its not fair to pile that on Deman or Turf.

Had it happened here, I'd hope the users would take care of it on there own much the way the Millhouse/RJ concern played out a few days ago. If enough users chastise and voice their displeasure, in most cases the original poster will remove the inflammatory post without the mods having to get involved. There will occasionally be outliers and people who are constantly instigating, but 99% of the people who post here and on scout are good, sensible people.

OGD is a mod over here. But I'd NGA rep the fear of God back into him if he pulled that here.

I like these new boards, but there is no reason for you guys to act like this. Seriously, why start a thread you know is going to be locked/deleted just so you can act outraged? Were you really trying to start a serious discussion by asking whether Jesus was a pussy or the biggest pussy ever? I doubt it. The sooner you guys realize that you are not actually being e-persecuted, the better. It's a little obnoxious that you are going out of your way to sensationalize and create drama where there is none, but it is even worse that the people who are doing it are moderators over here. Sorry, but you guys aren't bucking the system by doing this. It's not a giant conspiracy to enslave Wake fans, and starting this board wasn't some glorious revolution. It's an internet dispute. I appreciate the effort you guys put in to start this thing, and think you did a good job. But there is no need to continually antagonize the people on the other board.

It's a ghooooooooooost town over there.

Believe me, I knooooooooooooooowwwww............

Ok I see I was sending mixed signals here guys. I made that post completely to be as inflammatory as possible in order to pump my reputation for the WPT. It had nothing to do with these boards. I am not trying to get threads deleted over there so that the mods seem like dicks or anything like that. I just have an e-rivalry with WFRW and nothing would make me happier than winning his little tournament. It looks like it worked too.

For the record, I do not think Jesus was a pussy at all. He actually was a badass. He was a working class carpenter/fisherman who started a revolution so powerful that he is still worshiped by literally billions of people worldwide 2000 years after his death. I try to model my life after his philosophies in a lot of ways, not caring what other people think, not being afraid to express my opinion even when it's very unpopular, helping the poor, standing up for those who are picked on, etc.

Just wanted to say that neither Irish or myself are encouraging anybody to go over there and flame them.

But since I think people should be able to pretty much do whatever they want...I'm not going to ask, and certainly not try to tell, anybody to stop doing something as harmless as starting a baiting thread. Really, who gives a fuck?

Didn't see OGD's post before I responded.

See, nothing underhanded going on. Trust me, I'm an asshole, but I'm honest.

Fair enough. I guess I did misinterpret your post OGD. Sorry about that.

No problem, I understand how it could have been taken the wrong way (and I hope the majority of posters over there do so that I garner more votes). By the way, I believe I'm facing keeper next and I've been told this is a hard matchup so...

Just ventured over there to see what yall were talking about.

I made the sweet 16! Go me. Up next. lectro. :eek:

Let's focus on the deletion of this particular thread for a moment. 94, TSY, others who have been on the boards forever -- have you ever seen a more noxious thread title than "Jesus: Pussy or Biggest Pussy" (obviously, I can't remember it precisely) on the boards EVER? Over the years there have been dozens of discussions about religion, Jesus (believe, don't believe, etc.). OGD's thread was douchebaggery at its finest, plain and simple. I don't think the deletion of that particular thread should be held up as an example of Deman's or Turf's tendency to whip threads out at the drop of a hat.

Yeah. There were some pretty nasty comments in threads towards the end of 2001, beginning 2002 towards certain middle-eastern religions and their god of choice. You have to step back and look at these things from an unbiased point-of-view. Or at least, like mine, a "biased-against-all-of-them" point of view.

It's silly to think that Christianity, being the dominant belief system around these boards, doesn't receive greater protection than other beliefs. And for the sake of obviousness, under the typical "it's a hot button right now so let's at least appear unbiased" any comment towards any religious "thingie" will be targeted right now. That's just human nature. But the other side of that can be seen in the open arms a new church in your neighborhood receives but a new mosque receives backlash and political mobilization.

I say fuck 'em both. And make 'em pay taxes, damnit.

Yeah. There were some pretty nasty comments in threads towards the end of 2001, beginning 2002 towards certain middle-eastern religions and their god of choice. You have to step back and look at these things from an unbiased point-of-view. Or at least, like mine, a "biased-against-all-of-them" point of view.

It's silly to think that Christianity, being the dominant belief system around these boards, doesn't receive greater protection than other beliefs. And for the sake of obviousness, under the typical "it's a hot button right now so let's at least appear unbiased" any comment towards any religious "thingie" will be targeted right now. That's just human nature. But the other side of that can be seen in the open arms a new church in your neighborhood receives but a new mosque receives backlash and political mobilization.

what would we have done without this lovable curmudgeon.

No problem, I understand how it could have been taken the wrong way (and I hope the majority of posters over there do so that I garner more votes). By the way, I believe I'm facing keeper next and I've been told this is a hard matchup so...

You won't draw Muhammed.

:popcorn:

gonna have to agree with this :thumbsup:

Back