• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Delta plane slides off LGA runway

damn, hope everyone's alright. for some reason I never thought about runways with the same slushy shit at the street outside my house. that has to be totally dangerous.

Especially scary given the mini-peninsula LGA sits on.

Randy: Excuse me sir, there's been a little problem in the cockpit…
Striker: The cockpit…what is it?
Randy: It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilots sit, but that's not important right now.

This is why we shouldn't get upset when our flight is cancelled.

Flying in or out of LGA with snow or ice around can cause you to reconsider the value of prayer.

At the LGA Marriott right now, as my flight back home was obviously cancelled. Took the hotel shuttle with a guy who on his flight the pilot was telling them the airport was being cancelled for an "oil spill," and not mentioning the slide so as not to cause alarm.

Plane flying from LGA to CLT experiences problems - floats to a safe stop in the Hudson.

Plane flying from LGA to ATL can't even get off the ground while unsuccessfully trying to plunge into Flushing Bay.

Flying in or out of LGA with snow or ice around can cause you to reconsider the value of prayer.

Meh

W. C. Fields died at age sixty-seven on December 25, 1946, his life cut short by his notorious alcohol consumption (by some accounts, he drank as much as two quarts of gin a day). Some wags thought it was a fitting irony that Fields died on Christmas, the one holiday he despised the most. As he lay in his hospital bed shortly before his death, Fields was visited by the actor Thomas Mitchell, a good friend. When Mitchell entered Fields' room, he was shocked to find the irreligious Fields paging through a Bible. Fields was a lifelong agnostic, and fervently anti-religious (he once said that he had skimmed the Bible while looking for movie plots, but found only "a pack of wild lies"). "What are you doing reading a Bible?" asked the astonished Mitchell. A wiseacre to the end, Fields replied:

"I'm looking for loopholes."

Last edited:
MY FACEBOOK FRIEND WAS ON THIS FLIGHT!!! that's all i really have to add to the conversation. obviously her post about it is blowing up-- i'll chime in if she says anything more interesting than "thankful to be alive".

Meh

W. C. Fields died at age sixty-seven on December 25, 1946, his life cut short by his notorious alcohol consumption (by some accounts, he drank as much as two quarts of gin a day). Some wags thought it was a fitting irony that Fields died on Christmas, the one holiday he despised the most. As he lay in his hospital bed shortly before his death, Fields was visited by the actor Thomas Mitchell, a good friend. When Mitchell entered Fields' room, he was shocked to find the irreligious Fields paging through a Bible. Fields was a lifelong agnostic, and fervently anti-religious (he once said that he had skimmed the Bible while looking for movie plots, but found only "a pack of wild lies"). "What are you doing reading a Bible?" asked the astonished Mitchell. A wiseacre to the end, Fields replied:

"I'm looking for loopholes."

Fun fact: Thomas Mitchell played Gerald O'Hara (Scarlett's dad) in "Gone With The Wind" and Uncle Billy in "It's A Wonderful Life".

I was kind of annoyed when my flight to LaGuardia on Tuesday couldn't land with the snow and had to divert to Baltimore, leaving me with a three-hour train ride. This makes me glad we didn't try to land

Back