• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Democratic Candidates for POTUS, 2016 edition

Rubio is buds with Pitbull. Not good.

I would hang with Chris Christie, I bet he's entertaining.
I dont get that from him. Christie seems like a pompous asshole to me, like when he's not stuffing his face he's name dropping or exaggerating about shit he did 15 years ago.

A Republican that has a bromance with Corey Booker can't be all bad. But my image of him is probably built more from what I’ve seen of him locally over the years, the current version of him, desperately trying to get attention, is certainly insufferable.

On to the Republicans thread…

Think Hillary has the risk fee vs Glass-Steagal thing right, though overall I like Bernie better. I thought this was a really insightful post on the debate on the bank size/risk issue:

One of the brilliant insights from the neoliberal political project is that if you want to do something brutal that politics won’t sustain, you have “the market” do it. Can’t destroy Medicare? Turn it over to the market it and give people coupons for it that slowly die out. Then it is seen as a natural outcome, even if “the market” here is just the continuation of politics by other means.

This was the insight on financial deregulation from Greta Krippner’s excellent Capitalizing on Crisis, and we can turn that logic on its head. Higher capital will cause “the market” to break up the banks unless they can justify why they should remain the same size. Proving that they are adding value at their current size would be a high hurdle to clear. It would put pressure on size in a way that politicians, even in 2010, didn’t come close to doing directly...

This is the right path forward, and it’s one that should be front and center in the debates.

Bernie! Bernie! Bernie!

tumblr_lrhm37tdoo1qehm6to1_500.jpg

That's what I gathered. Only two posters acknowledged it.

His real prediction was that Biden would "sweep the primaries."

Am I correct to assume that President Obama will back Biden?

Read today that a majority of the bundlers who backed Obama in 2008 and 2012 are still in play. Biden could have a very solid fundraising start coming up if true.

I doubt Obama will back anybody in the primary.

Publicly, I don't think Obama will endorse anyone in the primary. Behind the scenes, I think he will give Biden any support that Biden requests. After all, Biden was a quiet loyal soldier for 2 terms. Hillary's missteps has just caused the administration more grief.

Not unless the dems own Obama and the successes of his presidency.

Really. At least he knows Biden won't throw him under the bus for poll numbers.

Am I correct to assume that President Obama will back Biden?

Read today that a majority of the bundlers who backed Obama in 2008 and 2012 are still in play. Biden could have a very solid fundraising start coming up if true.

Biden's hurt on this count by not being declared, but I'm pretty sure all of Obama's executive and campaign staff who've endorsed anyone have endorsed Hilldawg

Yeah. A lot of people have made political calculations based on Hillary being the obvious choice. Will Biden get flack from disrupting the vibes at the risk of disrupting the party?

Back