• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dennis Hastert

FuckmouthedRube

Reaction score
Hastert began a sexual relationship with a 14 year old wrestling manager in the late '60s. The kid died from AIDS nearly 20 years later. Hastert agreed to pay $3.5 M to silence info about a sexual relationship with another student. Kinda doubt those were the only gay relationships Hastet had over the last 50 years. Surprised he was able to keep all that secret for so long.

Hastert's 73, but the GOP is still going to have closeted gay pols with anti-gay voting records being outed for at least another 15-20 years. They won't be warmly received by any (gays, social conservatives, moderates) meaningful element of the electorate.

Being a closeted homosexual with an anti gay voting record is one thing. Being a pedophile is another. One his hypocrisy the other is criminal.

So how did he get $3.5M?

I'll add that to Skins list. He wasn't a rich man by all accounts I've heard.

How can one not know that any movement of more than $9.999 is going to be reported and tracked? This entire episode is really weird. Hastert was widely regarded as one of the few good guys in DC, and charging him with this seems to be one of those cases of using a bullshit charge to expose greater wrongdoing, since I dare say a normal person would not be subjected to this kind of scrutiny or prosecution. So it simultaneously reeks of Chicago politics, but who doesn't want to see a pedo exposed? His defense won't have much of a problem dismissing third party hearsay from that guy's sister, but all in all it looks very bad. At a minimum, his reputation is shot. Pubs need to tread very carefully if they're going to defend this guy and chalk it up to more Obama administration abuses.

I thought he made the hush agreement while he was in Congress.

I misread this thread as Dennis Haysbert, aka president Palmer from 24, and I couldn't believe what I was reading. Then I realized that it was actually a self loathing republican homosexual with an anti gay voting record and I was like ho hum, what else is new.

How can one not know that any movement of more than $9.999 is going to be reported and tracked? This entire episode is really weird. Hastert was widely regarded as one of the few good guys in DC, and charging him with this seems to be one of those cases of using a bullshit charge to expose greater wrongdoing, since I dare say a normal person would not be subjected to this kind of scrutiny or prosecution. So it simultaneously reeks of Chicago politics, but who doesn't want to see a pedo exposed? His defense won't have much of a problem dismissing third party hearsay from that guy's sister, but all in all it looks very bad. At a minimum, his reputation is shot. Pubs need to tread very carefully if they're going to defend this guy and chalk it up to more Obama administration abuses.

WTF would the Obama administration have to gain from this? It doesn't reek of Chicago politics. It reeks of a prominent politician fucking little boys and paying them off for decades. In addition to defrauding tax payers for about 2 mil, and a fuck ton of shady real estate investments, and breaking multiple Federal laws at a minimum. It doesn't look bad. It is bad. This guy is the epitome of everything fucked up in Washington, and he's a pedophile.

Dare I say a normal person would not be subjected to this kind of scrutiny or prosecution because they would already be in federal prison.

WTF is "who doesn't want to see a pedo exposed?" insinuating BTW?

Conservatives love pedophiles nowadays don't they?

#goteam

I misread this thread as Dennis Haysbert, aka president Palmer from 24, and I couldn't believe what I was reading. Then I realized that it was actually a self loathing republican homosexual with an anti gay voting record and I was like ho hum, what else is new.

I misread it at Mr Belding from Saved By The Bell, and was not surprised that he had porked a teenage boy.

A good guy? Always thought he was a piece of shit. Didn't realize he was also a pederast.

WTF would the Obama administration have to gain from this? It doesn't reek of Chicago politics. It reeks of a prominent politician fucking little boys and paying them off for decades. In addition to defrauding tax payers for about 2 mil, and a fuck ton of shady real estate investments, and breaking multiple Federal laws at a minimum. It doesn't look bad. It is bad. This guy is the epitome of everything fucked up in Washington, and he's a pedophile.

Dare I say a normal person would not be subjected to this kind of scrutiny or prosecution because they would already be in federal prison.

WTF is "who doesn't want to see a pedo exposed?" insinuating BTW?

Jesus you are such a drama queen sometimes. I've read nothing of shady real estate investments, nor of defrauding taxpayers. All I have read is stuff about hush money and lying to the FBI about said hush money.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/06/u...draw-money-from-your-bank.html?abt=0002&abg=0

Last edited:
Also, exactly what is his supposed anti-gay voting record? I don't think there was exactly a plethora of gay-related legislation in Congress during his time? DOMA? That had wide bipartisan support and was signed into law by Clinton.

Why does a gay person have to support gay rights in the first place?

This is true. There are black Republicans against civil rights, women Republicans against women's rights, Latino second generation immigrant Republicans for increasing immigration restrictions. Makes sense that there are gay Republicans against gay rights.

Hastert got married in 1973. The alleged sexual acts with the dead guy took place by 1971 at the latest. Maybe he agreed to pay $3.5 M to cover up a sexual relationship that took place before 1973 or he was bisexual and his wife knew that. If not seems at the very least hypocritical to preside as Speaker over gay marriage constitutional bans in 2004 and 2006. No real surprise that Larry Craig and Hastert were elderly married guys when earlier criminal acts were exposed. For sure there are still closeted Dem pols, but society's changed and there are no doubt a lot more GOP pols from a much broader age group who will never come out because of their voting history. Lots more conservatives their ages won't have the same burden.

Seems strange that a cover up agreement would start 40+ years after the fact.

Back