• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Denver

discdude

Lampin in the cut
Reaction score
What is the one bar, restaurant, lunch spot I should hit up during my brief half day/evening stay in Denver?

I'm a fan of Denver Beer Company

Great city. Last year they had food trucks at lunch in the park by the capital building. Smashburger is great if you are looking for something quick. Lots of places on 16th St, including a crepe restaurant in Writer's Square (don't remember the name).

which should be followed with Little Man Ice Cream

http://bikerjimsdogs.com/ is a great lunch spot, and is very close to Falling Rock Tap House (which I would recommend as a really cool bar).

Denver Beer Company is worth a stop, as is River North Brewing.

When are you going to be here?

There is a Rocky Mountain Oyster beer available from one of the local breweries. I will need to check my local sources for details. The brewery also sells in a two pack.

It's been a while, but I remember Wynkoop Brewery being real good.

http://bikerjimsdogs.com/ is a great lunch spot, and is very close to Falling Rock Tap House (which I would recommend as a really cool bar).

Denver Beer Company is worth a stop, as is River North Brewing.

When are you going to be here?

Coming in tomorrow evening. Going to a 10th Division Mountain Hut for the weekend. Then spending Sunday afternoon through midday Monday in Denver.

Great city. Last year they had food trucks at lunch in the park by the capital building. Smashburger is great if you are looking for something quick. Lots of places on 16th St, including a crepe restaurant in Writer's Square (don't remember the name).

Smashburger is fine, but it is a chain. I am sure there are more uniquely Denver places. At least I hope so given I'll be working out of Denver for a few months.

Coming in tomorrow evening. Going to a 10th Division Mountain Hut for the weekend. Then spending Sunday afternoon through midday Monday in Denver.

You'll need to take a cab from your airport gate to ground transportation.

You'll need to take a cab from your airport gate to ground transportation.

You don't need to take a cab to get from the airport to rental cars. Nor do you need to take a cab to get downtown. There are buses. Free ones to rental cars, paid ones to get downtown.

the rocky mountain oyster stout at wyncoop was dope. i really liked wyncoop.

Back