• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Devin Thomas

Deaconblue

Reaction score
Devin was the man for the game. Without his near perfect 10-11 shooting, Wake isn't even in the game, and Codi's finish wouldn't have meant much. It didn't look like Notre Dame read the memo about Thomas being left handed. Several times they overplayed him to his right, and he had easy left handed shots. (Maybe this shouldn't be on a message board for Syracuse to read, ya think?)

After making his first ten shots, he was tied for the most shots made without a miss. Then he took his 11th shot.

I think he tied MD's Terrance Morris at 10-10 from the field but I could be just making that up. That was a fun game to watch.

A few more threads & we'll have one for every starter.

10-11 ties Devin for 7th best single game shooting percentage in WFU history (10 shots taken, minimum). Viss has the Wake record of 10-10 shooting in a game.
A top ten performance like that deserves a thread of its own.

Last edited:
Thomas is learning spin moves and feints pretty well. Now, if he could add a consistent midrange jumper, he would become a very productive and efficient scorer for us. His motor and attitude are invaluable.

What are Devin's home/road splits? Seems like the dude is a monster at home but fairly inconsistent on the road (although I'm sure that holds true to a degree for our whole team).

Slowly adding his right hand and some mid-range jumpers to his game. Think the talk of him hitting his ceiling early is premature.

What are Devin's home/road splits? Seems like the dude is a monster at home but fairly inconsistent on the road (although I'm sure that holds true to a degree for our whole team).

Home (12-games):
13.83 ppg (60.6% FG), 10.25 rpg, 1.33 apg/1.75 TOpg, and 1.08 bpg

Away (5-games):
8.60 ppg (48.6% FG), 6.2 rpg, 0.8 apg/2.8 TOpg, and 0.6 bpg

Neutral (3-games):
7.0 ppg (50%), 5.0 rpg, 1.67 apg/3.0 TOpg, and 0.33 bpg

Home (12-games):
13.83 ppg (60.6% FG), 10.25 rpg, 1.33 apg/1.75 TOpg, and 1.08 bpg

Away (5-games):
8.60 ppg (48.6% FG), 6.2 rpg, 0.8 apg/2.8 TOpg, and 0.6 bpg

Neutral (3-games):
7.0 ppg (50%), 5.0 rpg, 1.67 apg/3.0 TOpg, and 0.33 bpg

These numbers are probably skewed by the level of competition home vs road. The home schedule has a bunch of cupcakes, the road games, not so much. How does that influence the stats? It'll be interesting to see what Devin's numbers home and away look like after the conference season, when the gulf between home opponents and away opponents level is a lot smaller.

These numbers are probably skewed by the level of competition home vs road. The home schedule has a bunch of cupcakes, the road games, not so much. How does that influence the stats? It'll be interesting to see what Devin's numbers home and away look like after the conference season, when the gulf between home opponents and away opponents level is a lot smaller.

I posted it earlier on another thread, but here are the splits via RealGM:

-vs. Top-100 RPI
12 games --> 11.0 ppg, 6.92 rpg, 1.25 apg/2.67 TOpg, and 0.83 bpg
-vs. ACC
7 games --> 11.43 ppg, 6.86 rpg, 1.14 apg/2.43 TOpg, 0.86 bpg

His numbers vs. non-top-100 RPI look better:
8 games --> 12.25 ppg, 10.75 rpg, 1.25 apg/1.5 TOpg, 0.88 bpg

Back