• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Devin to Try Out for USA Basketball U-19 - Missed Cut

I did not accuse anyone of not supporting Devin, I simply said that if you don't you're not a fan of Wake Forest.

Simple assertion.

I did not accuse anyone of not supporting Devin, I simply said that if you don't you're not a fan of Wake Forest.

Simple assertion.

A simple unnecessary assertion, if you're claiming no one isn't supporting him. Why even say it then?

If it so unnecessary and untrue, why are you so upset?

Apparently it hit a nerve.

If it so unnecessary and untrue, why are you so upset?

Apparently it hit a nerve.

That's the kind of statement people make in an argument when they have nothing of substance left to go to.

My involvement here simply started as an observation of the sanctimony coming from people like yourself. And, as you pointed out, your sanctimony was completely unnecessary and unrelated to anything that actually happened. I guess you just enjoy talking out of your ass for no reason at all. Whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

Yeah perhaps I was unnecessarily provocative; but I suppose I am simply fed up with the ridicule heaped on anyone who dares to say anything deemed slightly supportive of the bb program. Yeah I was baiting a bit.

As you have pointed out, I'm an old man; but there is still enough rebellion left in me that I don't mind a fight with pompous bigots...oops I did it again/sorry.

Yeah perhaps I was unnecessarily provocative; but I suppose I am simply fed up with the ridicule heaped on anyone who dares to say anything deemed slightly supportive of the bb program. Yeah I was baiting a bit.

As you have pointed out, I'm an old man; but there is still enough rebellion left in me that I don't mind a fight with pompous bigots...oops I did it again/sorry.

Fair enough. Btw, you didn't call me a bigot, right?

Fair enough. Btw, you didn't call me a bigot, right?

But you called people:

"Memo to the old fart holier than thou crowd: "

"Hey jackass:"

Then you make shit up :

" Btw, you didn't call me a bigot, right?"

And blame others.

It seems like you're the person here who most firts this:

"So much waaaaahhhhhhhh here."

Nah, that would be the guy with the chronic persecution complex.

"You guys just see my name and don't read what I say!! Waaaaahhhhhhhh!"

Can we delete this thread and start again?

Using Devin's excellent freshman year and his U-19 tryout as a platform to bash [Redacted] and put words in Devin's mouth about what he thinks of our coaching staff is not supporting Devin.

There are about 200+ things to criticize [Redacted], Wellman, and the staff for over the past few years. Devin was a great recruiting find, he was well developed, he got better all year in every aspect of his game, and he made the ACC All-Freshman team. Go back to the well for negative shit and post it elsewhere.

Good luck Devin, keep it up. You're gonna be a beast next year.

Anyone else thinking adding HSers Okafor and Winslow may be a way for Billy D to get them to go to FL?

Strickland posted this on another thread but it is a good breakdown of Devin's performance at the tryouts from DraftExpress.

Devin Thomas, 6-9, Sophomore, Power Forward, Wake Forest

One of the more pleasant surprises of the USA Basketball U19 Training Camp, Devin Thomas ultimately didn't make the cut due to the number of big men in attendance, but certainly held his own and looks like a player to keep an eye on for the future. Not particularly heralded out of high school, he was nevertheless named to the ACC All-Freshman team after a very solid first season.

Solidly built at 6-9, 240 pounds, Thomas is not an overly impressive athlete, looking decidedly below the rim on his finishes. He brings a terrific combination of intensity, smarts and fundamentals to his position, though, competing extremely hard on every position and showing a very good feel for the game considering his age. He ran the floor hard, battled inside and made some very impressive passes throughout the week, while showing excellent awareness on the defensive end.

Offensively, Thomas is primarily a back to the basket threat, even if it remains to be seen how this part of his game might translate to higher level competition. His jump-shot is very flat and he's not much of a threat outside the paint, while his lack of explosiveness makes it difficult for him to convert around the basket in traffic at times.

Thomas was one of the best teammates on the squad, which made it appear that he might have a real chance to make the roster based on intangibles alone. He was constantly talking on both ends of the floor and encouraging everyone around him, seemingly possessing very strong leadership skills and a good work ethic.

His upside perhaps isn't as high as some of the other players on this roster, but if he continues to polish his skill-set and can find a way to improve his versatility on both ends of the floor, he's the type of player who could emerge as a prospect later on in his career.

http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2WaPDS9DD

You assholes know nothing ����all politics period!

Back