• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Devin versus Stokes

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
This should be an excellent match-up. It could very well determine who wins the game. If one of them gets in foul trouble. the other could dominate.

Tennessee's offense really relies on offensive rebounding for their offense. If Devin can limit offensive rebounding opportunities for the Vols, then that could be a huge advantage for the Deacs. Good point, RJ.

Stokes vs Devin should be great, but that creates the matchup of Maymon vs Cav which I'd expect Maymon to bully his way to a great game. CMM & Travis are going to have to score lots of points today to get a win.

Stokes vs Devin should be great, but that creates the matchup of Maymon vs Cav which I'd expect Maymon to bully his way to a great game. CMM & Travis are going to have to score lots of points today to get a win.

If Buzz has an ounce of sense, then he puts Moto on Maymon. Maymon is really talented, but he has trouble with smaller and/or more athletic defenders, especially since he fashions himself a face-up 4.

You agree we should go man?

Yeah. Otherwise, I think Tennessee will roast us. Our zone seems to work when the other team has a prominent scoring imbalance in either their back or front court. With USC, they lacked a frontcourt presence altogether and our zone did a good job of forcing contested looks. Tennessee can kill you a couple of ways, and should they start knocking down shots, they have the most versatile frontcourt that we've seen thus far. That said, just like Devin was overmatched against Embiid and Ellis, I think Cav is going to have a ton of trouble guarding Maymon. I'd love to see Moto get a chance to guard him while taking him out of the post on defense. That said, because it seems reasonable, I doubt we do it...

Moon is be snide, inaccurate and neglecting this point, "It could very well determine who wins the game. If one of them gets in foul trouble. the other could dominate."

I'm guessing that Moonz was referring to the fact that Stokes is just abusing Devin, foul trouble or not. That said, the OP is still pretty spot-on...

Back