• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Diamond Deacs 2019 (Offseason) | 5 Deacs Drafted

Deacs battling. 2 in the 3rd, 1 in the 4th to cut it to 9-5, now have bases loaded in the 5th.

Starting to figure out who the reliable bullpen arms are. Menendez looks like he can close. Hearn has been effective as well as Fleming to a lesser degree. Witt has been a mess, Cusick not so good, Robinson and McNamee have been awful to this point. Midweek still looks like the Achilles heel if they don’t develop some bullpen depth. Weekend starters look very good.

What's the problem with this team? So much hype and so little backup thus far. Starting pitching - woof.

What's the problem with this team? So much hype and so little backup thus far. Starting pitching - woof.

horrible midweek pitching and too much movement in the lineup. Hopefully Walter settles on a lineup soon that will create some cohesion and chemistry. Seems like there are too many moving parts at the moment.

The lineup scored 17 runs in two games, maybe more if the Deacs score in the 9th today. That should be enough for at least a split.

I was referring to the fielding lineup with regards to the amount of errors made so far this season. I should've been more clear.

Can't believe pro athletes can't smoke pot at this point. Nothing is better for headaches and pain...Other than opioids and we all know how good those are for you!

Major leaguers (guys on the 40-man roster of a major league team) actually can smoke pot. For some reason it's only a banned substance for minor leaguers. None of it makes sense to me.

damn it

Menendez surrenders 3-run HR in T8, ND leads game 1 6-4

Served up 3 pitches no where near the strike zone to get to 3-0. Then later served up the big tater!

We are bad. The sophomore hitters collectively are not at all what they have been touted. Pitching is also very thin with no shut down options in the bullpen whatsoever. Going to be a long year. Also, Tinsman should never be out of the lineup for Harvey.

I'm not sure what to think of this team. I had hopes (I didn't say high) of going to the tourney this year but as it looks now, that's going to be a longshot. I'm not giving up. I know the Deacs can still take the series today but man oh man it looks like another long year.

Btw, Clemson took 2 from UNC yesterday along with beating the shit out of them in the second game. I love anytime those bastards lose in anything.

4-4 going to bottom of 5th. We are not a very polished team. Hope we get it going.

Back