• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dick Vitale Hangs Up On Dan LeBatard Show

TUA01576

Reaction score
Did you ever see Woody Allen's Sleepr?

Or Moon Over Parador?

Weiner asked a stupid, douchebag question. Love or hate Dick Vitale, I can't fault him for refusing to give any more of his time to a dumba** sports radio hack.

Actually, I agree with Vitale on this one. People attempting to draw a moral equivalence between a minor violation of a technicality and the disaster at UM do not deserve to be answered.

Someone finally found a way to silence Dick Vitale.

The face of ESPN’s college basketball coverage joined the Dan LeBatard Show to discuss whether Donna Shalala should resign as the president of the University of Miami.

After co-host Jon Weiner suggested every NCAA college program has committed infractions, Vitale lost it before hanging up.

http://www.mediabistro.com/sportsnewser/audio-dick-vitale-hangs-up-on-dan-lebatard-show_b13267

He was pissed Duke wasn't specifically cited as an exception.

This. And the whole "I wasn't saying K was buying prostitutes" crap at the end was just as pathetic. Own up to your pot stirring ways, you cheap ass wooden spoon.

Actually, I agree with Vitale on this one. People attempting to draw a moral equivalence between a minor violation of a technicality and the disaster at UM do not deserve to be answered.

That sounded like someone doing a dick vitale impression.

The only reason V got pissed and hung up is because roy and K were specifically mentioned. He overreacted then started putting words in people's mouths, then hung up like a 13 year old girl.

I'm sorry, i never take the side of the one that throws a hissy fit.

Reminds me (and whoever tagged this thread "no virgins") about Bob Ryan's comment to RJ in re: Skip's passing.

His timing was shitty but his point, to whatever degree, may be arguably true.

What is embarrassing is how the producer and LeBatard are scared they are going to get in trouble with ESPN for making Vitale mad.

I'm fascinated by LeBatard. His show is pretty good. I started subscribing to the podcast and listening to it most days. On the surface he seems like he might just be a really loud blowhard but more often than not he's (a little too?) reflective and introspective.

Back