• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dickie Hemric Passes Away

I'm kinda surprised he isn't in the Basketball Hall of fame as a collegian. His numbers are really stupid.

RIP

? OK, maybe.

Still some discussion and information there others might find interesting.

Here's from Dan Collins today: Wake Forest legend Dickie Hemric dies at age 83

Great article. Hemric played just before I began following Wake. However, while I never saw him play his name was/is legend among serious Wake fans. The first really big name that I recall was Lenny Chappell, not too long after Hemric. And Bones McKinney was IMO the best WF coach ever and one of the funniest men ever. An article filled with Bones' stories would be a great read, especially for younger fans.

All-time great at Wake and in the ACC. I recall DonaldRoss on Sportsline educating new Deacs about the Wake greats of the past, and Hemric was chief among them. Hopefully Wake will honor him this coming year in a way that demonstrates how great he was.

Back