• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did anyone watch Hannibal?

It was pretty good, but I think they overdid it a bit with like the dream sequences and going inside the main guy's head.

I meant to DVR it, but forgot. The critics I routinely read were unanimous that it is good, which is shocking. I may wait to see what the ratings look like before I watch. No desire to start a show that gets cancelled 4 eps in.

this show will get canceled.

i mean, you know what you are going to get with gruesome visuals, but they are pretty disgusting. i was only half paying attention, but it was a bit nauseating. i may re-watch it and actually pay attention sometime, but i know my wife won't watch it. which means it will get canceled. o/u 5.5 episodes.

i generally like what NBC has tried to pull off with its Thursday 10 pm slot (Awake, Do No Harm, etc), but they have pulled the plug pretty quickly (probably rightfully so with Do No Harm) with shows in this slot if the ratings aren't there.

this show will get canceled.

i mean, you know what you are going to get with gruesome visuals, but they are pretty disgusting. i was only half paying attention, but it was a bit nauseating. i may re-watch it and actually pay attention sometime, but i know my wife won't watch it. which means it will get canceled. o/u 5.5 episodes.

i generally like what NBC has tried to pull off with its Thursday 10 pm slot (Awake, Do No Harm, etc), but they have pulled the plug pretty quickly (probably rightfully so with Do No Harm) with shows in this slot if the ratings aren't there.

So was it better or worse than Harry's Law?

I'm intrigued by the idea of the show, but as is tradition, having it on a broadcast network will ruin it. If it were on AMC or FX, I'd definitely watch.

So was it better or worse than Harry's Law?

just like all shows including the Wire, it is worse. but that is just because Harry's Law was the apex of tv, ever. lawyers everywhere know Harry's Law was legit.*

*kidding.

I watched the first two episodes last night on On Demand. I think they did a really good job in selecting the cast. Enough difference from the movies so you will not always compare the characters. I agree there are very few women who will watch the show, thus cutting the potential viewer almost in half, take out 50% of the males because they are not in to sick shit, and you are stuck with a limited market of people like me.

I love it. I think it's a fantastically entertaining show (which is surprising given it's on NBC) and is much better written than The Following and The Walking Dead. The cast is very good, particularly the guy that plays Hannibal. After "Hannibal Rising" butchered the shit out of the idea of a young Hannibal, I was skeptical about this. But this guy is dead-on.

Bump just to give a heads up to anyone that missed this thread or those looking for a new series to watch. If you enjoyed the Movies of this sick bastard, I think you will like the show. I watch it on TWC on Demand and have really enjoyed it. I like the way they introduce the characters that I read about in the books and saw in the movies with different personalities or looking completely different from earlier actors or what I had visioned in my mind.

Also building much more on the other characters and not just Will Graham like the pilot suggested.

Last edited:
I've watched the first couple of episodes and I'm hooked.

i really like it so far. it is graphic for being on normal TV, which surprised me. i think if it does come back for future seasons they will really get their stride.

This show is awesome. I liked all the movies associated with it, so it would really have to suck for me to not like it.

Back