• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did Buzz have a radio show?

"Then it hit me. Jeff [Redacted] is that stat nerd that thinks he knows a shit ton about basketball, and probably does in theory, but has no idea how to fucking teach the damn thing."

Change "basketball" to "football" and the issue is probably similar to Lobo's problems with playcalling. Both of 'em are probably too smart for their own good.

Note: This post isn't knocking Lobo to support Buzz. As much as I dislike saying this, I agree with dv7's point about Buzz. He really does know too many stats. I've heard him do the same thing on previous shows. I think Buzz would be a great assistant, a great film room guy, a really good summer camp instructor. But his demeanor and reliance on esoteric stuff is annoying. Probably annoys the players as well and makes him less effective as a head coach.

There is common ground for us to stand on in regard to Mr. [Redacted] afterall! Allah be praised.

The last one who leaves the Bzzzin room needs to turn out the lights.

I listened from the beginning, then fell asleep shortly thereafter during one of Bzz's boring diatribes, and when I woke up about halfway through it they asked the "lay-up" trivia question as Stan termed it (1990 WF ROY= Rodney Rogers) and I won the shirt! :)

I listened from the beginning, then fell asleep shortly thereafter during one of Bzz's boring diatribes, and when I woke up about halfway through it they asked the "lay-up" trivia question as Stan termed it (1990 WF ROY= Rodney Rogers) and I won the shirt! :)

Admit it, you felt bad when Stan asked you if you had a question or comment for the coach, so you blirted out "keep CJ healthy coach!!"

Admit it, you felt bad when Stan asked you if you had a question or comment for the coach, so you blirted out "keep CJ healthy coach!!"

Guilty as charged- but at least I gave him some good advice! :thumbsup:

I would have asked about starting Ty.

That question was already answered for the most part earlier in the show when Bzz stated that both Centers will play and he considers both their stats as one such that "we have been getting a double double from the Center position."

I consider all of our players' stats to be combined.

We haven't had a game without a double double this season! Championship.

I also thought that it was pretty funny when Stan tried to give away my trivia contest shirt prize to "David from Asheboro" and I then gave him the what-for that I was the rightful winner! :)

That question was already answered for the most part earlier in the show when Bzz stated that both Centers will play and he considers both their stats as one such that "we have been getting a double double from the Center position."

Yes, we are killing it out of the 5 position this year. Just killing it!

:eek::wtf:

:rofl:

Good thing Buzz doesn't teach accounting.

Clearly Wellman didn't read the fine print on [Redacted]'s resume

Colorado 2008-2010 : Head-Coach

10 conference wins in one season
1 season = 16 games. Wins accrued over the course of 3 seasons. Non-winning games compiled in digital addendum II (notimportantstuffyoucanjustignore.pdf, 56k warning).

Undefeated in Road Conference Play
in January 2010 in games played in Lincoln, Nebraska.

8 NCAA Tournament Appearances
Scalped tickets for profit at Chicago regionals (men's and women's) in high school & college.

Clearly Wellman didn't read the fine print on [Redacted]'s resume

8 NCAA Tournament Appearances
Scalped tickets for profit at Chicago regionals (men's and women's) in high school & college.

This made me LOL

Radio show will be cancelled next week. HOT YOGA at the Y on Thursday night is gonna be awesome!

"Jeff [Redacted] is that stat nerd that thinks he knows a shit ton about basketball, and probably does in theory, but has no idea how to teach the damn thing."

I think you hit the nail on the head.

I went to the Michigan camps in high school and Jim Dutcher, the former Minnesota coach, was my mentor and he was definitely not a stats guy. But he could teach. It was old school fundamentals. And he loved teaching high school kids how to play the game.

And not for nothing... the last time the Golden Gophers won a big ten championship was under Jim Dutcher in 1982. They went to the sweet 16 that year.

I have no idea if Bzz can teach... but just remembering Dutcher and the fortunes of Minnesota since that time makes me wonder why so many of our fans are such whiney, self-entitled bitches.

Toward the end of the show, someone asked Buzz when losing to SoCon teams was gonna start being unacceptable. Buzz gave his usual spill.

Back