• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did Santorum almost call Obama a (racial slur)

DeacAlum2001

Reaction score
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/poli...d-rick-santorum-almost-call-pres-obama-n-word

I can't think of what else he might have been about to say other then the N word. What do others think? Was Santorum about to call Obama a racial slur or was it just a simple speaking gaffe? Or is there some other interpretation/explanation?

Also, I checked to see if this was on here already and didn't see it but if this has already been posted, please ignore/delete.

lol yessssss

amazing. i love me some good old fashioned anti-war, government niggas

Santorum's a jackass, but he's not that much of a jackass. Sounds like he just stumbled.

I don't think it was meant to be a word at all...I think it was the blending of two thoughts that tried to come out in one compressed sentence. To presume that he was going to say the n-word is to presume that he is a bigger idiot than anybody here has ever accused him of being, and also presumes that he uses that language in everyday discourse, which I seriously, seriously doubt.

ELC- the man will apologize for anything a republican does. Mitt Romney could shit on the American flag while blowing Ahmadinejad and stomping on puppies and ELC would say it wasn't a big deal. Here's to you, sir.:thumbsup:

Pretty sure he was going to say "anti-war, anti-niggardly government agitator..."

MY guess is that this was just a fumbling of consonants, but it sure sounds bad. I don't think Santorum is a racist from what I have seen, and doubt he would use the N-bomb. Would doubt even more that he would even come close to using it in a speech...even if he was a racist.

I don't think he meant to say that but I can't think of what else he would have been trying to say.

Once again Rick, this is why high profile speakers use teleprompters.

Who knows what he was about to say but I don't think even Santorum is that dumb.

government-nik?
After hearing it a few more times, that is what it sounds like. I hate Santorum (the candidate) and most of what his platform consists of, but I really think he just stumbled speaking. I think he is pretty dumb, but not that dumb.

Then again, what else would he be trying to say? Certainly not "blah people".

Wow, it is definitely a possibility. The twerp could of ended his career right there.

I don't think so. I don't know whay he was trying to say, but it just sounds like his mind was wandering and he didn't complete his sentence. I bet if you went back and looked at his stump speeches for the past two weeks, you'd see how he finished that thought previously.

Back