• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did Wellman see his shadow?

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
Need to know how much more Bz we have left.

When I went out to dinner during the football season with two of Wake's development officers. They begged me not to bring up Bz at dinner. They said they had rather discuss politics and religion instead. They were after my friend's money which they got after years of trying. Kudos to them!

When I went out to dinner during the football season with two of Wake's development officers. They begged me not to bring up Bz at dinner. They said they had rather discuss politics and religion instead. They were after my friend's money which they got after years of trying. Kudos to them!

If Bz did come up, I am sure they had their talking points, much like with politics.

Lets be honest guys, if it was up to us, 4 years ago we would've hired Mr. Smart and he would be coaching a ranked Wake Forest basketball team that would be in contention in the ACC . However, the only man in the universe left that supports Jeffrey and his #bzzball style of losing is Ronnie "adolf" Wellman, who just happens to be the only man on the universe that determines Jeffrey's future.

We can talk all we want. We can promote all we want. But to be fair and honest, I think Jeffrey will be back next year. Not that I want that to happen, but we've been gun-ho the last 3 years that he would be gone, each year starting a pre-mature coaching thread. Ronnie does not care about what Wake fans want and he does not listen to us. I have no faith in Wellman to do the right thing this year either. I've had my hopes up before and had them crushed with "Oh Heavans Yes" and "I love what I see". So until something actually does happen, whether it be a month or a decade from now, I will just assume Jeffrey will be back each season to avoid the heart break.

Watching Duke vs Syracuse last night reminded me of what Wake basketball once was, not too long ago. No, we did not win National Championships, but we played in the big games and won our share of them.

Reff, they were very likable which is their job so I was not inclined to give them a hard time. Besides I was trying to help out. My friend is a big fish and now he will be coming home more often. He knows what I think about Bz.

Last edited:
Lets be honest guys, if it was up to us, 4 years ago we would've hired Mr. Smart and he would be coaching a ranked Wake Forest basketball team that would be in contention in the ACC . However, the only man in the universe left that supports Jeffrey and his #bzzball style of losing is Ronnie "adolf" Wellman, who just happens to be the only man on the universe that determines Jeffrey's future.

We can talk all we want. We can promote all we want. But to be fair and honest, I think Jeffrey will be back next year. Not that I want that to happen, but we've been gun-ho the last 3 years that he would be gone, each year starting a pre-mature coaching thread. Ronnie does not care about what Wake fans want and he does not listen to us. I have no faith in Wellman to do the right thing this year either. I've had my hopes up before and had them crushed with "Oh Heavans Yes" and "I love what I see". So until something actually does happen, whether it be a month or a decade from now, I will just assume Jeffrey will be back each season to avoid the heart break.

Why do you choose to take that woe is me, pessimistic, LOWF attitude when multiple independent well connected sources on here have repeatedly stated Jeffie is gone at the end of the season baring an NCAA tournament appearance? Do you have anything to back that up other than just a bad feeling or personal history of being disappointed in the past? I have it on good authority from guys I trust who are very connected that this shit show is ending after this season. Primarily because it's above Ronald's pay grade at this point. Bz is no longer under the protection of his bestie. Just relax and know that the worst coach in the history of the ACC will no longer be at MSD by mid March. By accepting that the light at the end of the tunnel is nearing it makes it easier to take performances like Saturday's game now.

ETA: This is not about wins/losses or culture. This is primarily about money. And the bottom dollar has finally caught up to the [Redacted] effect after four years.

Last edited:
Plus even if Ron did want him back and had the power to do so, I get the feeling Bz just doesn't have the spine to put up with the vitriol any longer. Hard to pass up the $1.3 but he has to want out again like he has every other season.

Let's just hope he leaves and Wellman too for that matter and the four year journey through darkness will end...

Can you even imagine this summer if we have hoops and football programs that, while requiring patience, give us legitimate hope and joy?

Watching Duke vs Syracuse last night reminded me of what Wake basketball once was, not too long ago. No, we did not win National Championships, but we played in the big games and won our share of them.

Said almost the exact same thing to my wife last night.

Why do you choose to take that woe is me, pessimistic, LOWF attitude when multiple independent well connected sources on here have repeatedly stated Jeffie is gone at the end of the season baring an NCAA tournament appearance? Do you have anything to back that up other than just a bad feeling or personal history of being disappointed in the past? I have it on good authority from guys I trust who are very connected that this shit show is ending after this season. Primarily because it's above Ronald's pay grade at this point. Bz is no longer under the protection of his bestie. Just relax and know that the worst coach in the history of the ACC will no longer be at MSD by mid March. By accepting that the light at the end of the tunnel is nearing it makes it easier to take performances like Saturday's game now.

ETA: This is not about wins/losses or culture. This is primarily about money. And the bottom dollar has finally caught up to the [Redacted] effect after four years.

Sorry... Fool me once shame on you. (Not you specifically WakeDeac.) Fool me twice, thrice, or more; shame on me.

I have no confidence that the clowns who have allowed this shitshow to continue FOR FOUR YEARS, will suddenly grow balls and stand up to Ron Wellman. Face it, Buzz and RW have already cost us many millions of dollars and the powers that be have done nothing. Hatch is still an empty suit. The BOT is still a bunch of do-nothing YES men (and women). I don't see where anything has changed.

Last edited:
Hope you jokers are right. I've just given up hope on Wellmans ability to make good decisions.

Can you even imagine this summer if we have hoops and football programs that, while requiring patience, give us legitimate hope and joy?

It's all I've been asking for. We made the right move in football and it's time to get the basketball program off life support.

I'd like to go back to arguing over if we are good or not rather than arguing if we should have hope or not.

Need to know how much more Bz we have left.

Ever since RW got rid of 5 ACC titles in GDO & George Greer, every day is Ground Hog Day for him and his coach picking skills in everything but football apparently. But even there we had to suffer with his initial pick for 8 years.

Back