• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ding Dong Ditch

The Stig

Reaction score
We've had someone do this every night this week ranging from 12 to 4 in the morning. I used to see this as a harmless prank but it happened to us a few years ago and resulted in some kids slashing tires and breaking into vehicles. Anyone have any good tips for preventing and/or scaring away kids who do this?

gran-torino.jpg

We've had someone do this every night this week ranging from 12 to 4 in the morning. I used to see this as a harmless prank but it happened to us a few years ago and resulted in some kids slashing tires and breaking into vehicles. Anyone have any good tips for preventing and/or scaring away kids who do this?

Stay up one night where you're pretty sure they'll do it and just open the door as soon as they ring the doorbell. That'll keep them away. Or disconnect the doorbell lolz

On that kind of streak, I'd say it's worth waiting up and scaring the fuck out of them at this point. Wait in the bushes with a shotgun or something like that. Do you have a second story window over the door? Drop a big pot of boiling oil on 'em.* (dont do that).

Mount or hang a fake camera over door - put on sign on the door that says "Smile, your on Camera" and have an arrow point to the camera.

Or you could do the old, tape a thumbtack to the doorbell backwards so the point side is out - probably couldn't see that in the dark.

I had this happen five or so night in a row two summers ago. I just happened to see them coming one night and I waited at the door for them to come up the stairs and then chased the little pecker fucks all the way down the street. I could have caught at them, but I really had no intention of doing anything but making them move on to another house. Great success.

thumbs up to the "capture and sodomize" tag.

Unfortunately there's not a window above the door so no oil. The camera idea is a pretty good one. At 4 this morning, I was honestly thinking of placing bear traps out there lol

I think the camera could work to deter but won't give you the satisfaction of hearing them shit their pants. Only problem is if it is people like before and they get violent.

I like the thumbtack idea. Watch Home Alone and get some inspiration!

a friend told me a story about his buddies. they are all retired special forces guys (maybe in their 40s). there was some vandalism occurring in their neighborhood. after a few nights of slashed tires broken car windows etc they geared up and waited overnight. when the idiots showed up again that night they were grabbed from behind and had their heads bagged. stripped of their clothes and tied, naked, together to some pole or something. they then placed an anonymous call to the police. apparently the police loved it and had no witness to the crime so the "investigation" was short. those vandals never came back.

You could use a paintball gun I think they make those for these exact situations.

Last edited:
a friend told me a story about his buddies. they are all retired special forces guys (maybe in their 40s). there was some vandalism occurring in their neighborhood. after a few nights of slashed tires broken car windows etc they geared up and waited overnight. when the idiots showed up again that night they were grabbed from behind and had their heads bagged. stripped of their clothes and tied, naked, together to some pole or something. they then placed an anonymous call to the police. apparently the police loved it and had no witness to the crime so the "investigation" was short. those vandals never came back.

If only my friends and I were that awesome.

Trip wire and broken bottles will teach them a lesson.

Reminds me of:
"Orville Smith, a store manager for Best Buy in Augusta, Georgia, told police he observed a male customer, later identified as Tyrone Jackson of Augusta , on surveillance cameras putting a laptop computer under his jacket... When confronted the man became irate, knocked down an employee, drew a knife and ran for the door.

Outside on the sidewalk were four Marines collecting toys for the "Toys for Tots" program. Smith said the Marines stopped the man, but he stabbed one of the Marines, Cpl. Phillip Duggan, in the back; the injury did not appear to be severe.

After Police and an ambulance arrived at the scene Cpl. Duggan was transported for treatment.

The subject was also transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken ankle, a broken leg, several missing teeth, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions, assorted lacerations, a broken nose and a broken jaw...injuries he sustained when he slipped and fell off of the curb after stabbing the Marine.

This is so full of win.

Back