• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dino on with Taylor and Marc at 5PM

DeacDude

Reaction score
Wonder if our favorite subject will come up or if they stick to F4?

I think Dino must tell people interviewing him that the Wake situation is off limits. It seems like nothing ever comes of these sports radio segments with him on them.

I think Dino must tell people interviewing him that the Wake situation is off limits. It seems like nothing ever comes of these sports radio segments with him on them.

Agreed.

I was an advocate of replacing Dino. I felt like he had plateaued and he couldn't push us deep into the NCAA tournament. I had no idea that Wellman was going to nosedive the program. I thought we'd get someone young, someone who would stay 30 years. I thought we'd end up on equal footing with our fellow in-state ACC schools.

I miss Dino. I miss being proud. I miss not being angry.

I was an advocate of replacing Dino. I felt like he had plateaued and he couldn't push us deep into the NCAA tournament. I had no idea that Wellman was going to nosedive the program. I thought we'd get someone young, someone who would stay 30 years. I thought we'd end up on equal footing with our fellow in-state ACC schools.

We all did, my friend. Well, a couple apparently thought we would get Billy Donovan or Tom Izzo, but the rest of us did.

Groce or Marshall were our up and comers coaching recommendations back then- we here on the board have been proven right in our prospective coaching choices. Sadly, RW chose poorly.

Groce or Marshall were our up and comers coaching recommendations back then- we here on the board have been proven right in our prospective coaching choices. Sadly, RW chose poorly.

tumblr_m3bpydbjvc1qlar22o1_1280.jpg

Dino sucked.

Bzz swallows.

Both should have been fired after 3 years.

Dino sucked.

Bzz swallows.

Both should have been fired after 3 years.

Both should have never been hired. If a proper search was given after Skip died while Dino remained interim HC, we possibly could have avoided this whole catastrophe.

..or Wellman just would have hired Bz 6 years ago instead of 3.

I miss Dino. I miss being proud. I miss not being angry.

Yeah. I still think firing Dino was the right thing, but man I sure was wrong in openly theorizing that there was no way we could hire anybody worse.

Both should have never been hired. If a proper search was given after Skip died while Dino remained interim HC, we possibly could have avoided this whole catastrophe.

..or Wellman just would have hired Bz 6 years ago instead of 3.

[Redacted] just took the Colorado job right before Skip passed, otherwise your statement would likely have been true.

I thought people were jumping the gun a bit on Dino but I was a full fledged member of the sunshine brigade.

not true... he touched on this a year or 2 ago. he said that usually the team with the most pros wins and that wake was lacking the talent to compete at its previous levels. since this interview, much hasn't been said by Dino about it, at least from what i've heard on The Drive.

not true... he touched on this a year or 2 ago. he said that usually the team with the most pros wins and that wake was lacking the talent to compete at its previous levels. since this interview, much hasn't been said by Dino about it, at least from what i've heard on The Drive.
For Dino, he said about all he could and still stay above the fray (which he has done very well in this whole shitstorm). He is right and (based on the rumors that he told this to Wellman and that resulted in him being fired) has been proven right. Not much more for him to say than that.

Back