• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DirectTV

DeacsPop

Resident Old Man
Reaction score
Up to this past year, you wouldn't find a bigger DTV supporter. I've been a Customer for 16 years; never had an issue, paid monthly including the maintenance plan and must say it always one of the best customer experiences I've ever had.

Here comes the AT&T buyout; what a total shit show. Worst customer service ever imaginable; on the line for 15-20 minutes every time you call....transferred to department after department; cut off with no return call; just horrible.

The kicker; after 16 years I call them to schedule a service call to remove the dish they placed on my roof since I'm moving; it gets scheduled, no one shows after spending the whole day waiting.
I call them and say "wtf" and their response is....sorry, THEY INSTALL DISHES BUT WILL NOT REMOVE THEM. Not even for a service charge.

I wind up having to hire someone to go up and take down the dish....cost me $200!!!!!

I am done with DirectTV......#mort. Never again.

I'm no AT&T fan, but service has been the same in my experience.

They don't move the dish because they want the next owners to have a reason to get DTV. They'll put a new dish at your next place for free.

Why'd you bother taking down the dish? Just leave it up there.

We have had DTV for 15 years, just switched it into my name to bundle with the gigapower and couldn't have had a better experience, and install on Christmas eve no less.

I've been a subscriber for a decade now and have definitely noticed the drop off in customer service the past year or two. It's still pretty good most of the time though.

Customer service went way downhill since AT&T. And I got tired of losing service every time it rained. Switched back to cable but will probably drop that soon.

Was close to dropping DirecTV after 17 years or so, but they basically cut my bill in half, so I stuck with them for another 12 month contract.

I've been with DTV for probably 18 years or so and can't remember the last time I had to call customer service. Sounds like that's a good thing. Really the only complaint I have is the ever increasing bill. But it's still a better deal than TWC.

Apparently, DTV and WXII/Hearst, our local NBC affiliate, is having a dispute. They've been off the air all week. I don't know who they think they are really affecting. I can still get the news from WXII on the webcast (or watch another local channel) and can watch NBC shows from their website, including the NFL live game streaming. Is it a little less convenient? Sure. But really not that much.

Why'd you bother taking down the dish? Just leave it up there.

Would of loved to but I live in town houses and the deal with them is you install it, you take it. And the new Owner's weren't interested in keeping it. Such BS.

Get PlayStation Vue.

This was going to be my option when I intended to cancel Direct. I've heard that the DVR aspects are still a bit wonky, but it seems like a good deal for what you get overall.

Ditched the dish when we moved to Pittsburgh - no need to have Sunday Ticket anymore. It took FOREVER to cancel. We have Fios now, which is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back