• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disaster Is Inevitable When The Two Decade-Old Stock Bubble Bursts

We're absolutely headed towards another downturn

The economy has been booming, leverage is rising, shit happens

I love how they keep showing that same CAPE picture over and over again. Of course if you look at it, current CAPE levels are slightly above average but not excessively so

Are we due a correction? Probably.

Last edited:
This hack has a go fund me link at the end of his article.

Please donate via GoFundMe so that I can launch a powerful new media campaign to help prevent the next global financial crisis. My goal is to warn everyone from ordinary people to policy makers and business leaders. Thank you.

So far he has raised a massive $50....

Seems to me that it is hard to have a "bubble" when it includes: stocks, bonds, tech startups, certain segments of the housing market, higher education, and much more

That seems like the exact opposite of a bubble.

i read an article/blog a year or so back talking about how cape wasn't a good measure historically because of changes to gaap and taxes i think. i can't remember, but essentially the point was that in cape will never be inline with the cycles through the 80s again.

Seems to me that it is hard to have a "bubble" when it includes: stocks, bonds, tech startups, certain segments of the housing market, higher education, and much more

That seems like the exact opposite of a bubble.

Agreed. The whole economy is a bubble?

As a general rule I am also wary of anything on the internet that talks about the Federal Reserve. I don't see how this got into Forbes.

The last recession started by everyone's account because we left interest rates too low for too long after the tech bubble.......so can anyone explain to me how the way to fix that is by lowering the rates even more for 4 times as long?

lenders used shitty lending practices and created insane financial instruments because rates were too low?

Have we really had a two decade stock bubble? As I recall 2000-2009 was called the lost decade for stocks as no one had any gains.

Back