• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan Takes On Wake Fans

There's a bigger picture. I've tried to come up with some cryptic clues to help all of this make sense, but I'm at a loss.

There are magnifying glasses pointing in directions most would probably not expect.

I like Dan. Always have. The bullet he's in danger of shooting himself in the foot with does not lie with his stance on #BuzzIn vs. #BuzzOut.

Why don't you just say what you're talking about?

Any chance that people on this thread are taking themselves a little too seriously?

Any chance Dan Collins is doing the same?

I think Dan does a pretty good job covering the Deacs. I wouldn't go out of my way to pick a fight with him over bullshit like this. On the other hand, if I was Dan, I wouldn't bother responding to comments for MTOW. That is just stupid.

Any chance that people on this thread are taking themselves a little too seriously?

I think Dan does a pretty good job covering the Deacs. I wouldn't go out of my way to pick a fight with him over bullshit like this. On the other hand, if I was Dan, I wouldn't bother responding to comments for MTOW. That is just stupid.

I'll have to consult with RJ on the percentages before I can say for certain; but I think there is a 0.000% chance that this is the case.

Dan's blog is really an extension of his beat writing. He's even admitted that when he adds to an interview or provides more statistics that couldn't fit in the main article. I like that. His interviews with the coaches are always informative. He has been honest about some of the debacles we've all had to suffer through. What he hasn't done is called for Bzz's head on a platter and that is never going to happen even if in his heart he thinks that is what should happen.

My only criticism of Dan is I wish the guy would proof read his work from time to time. I know it's late and there is a deadline but seriously...

Ouch.

Dan Collins may have gone to Carolina but he's one of those that through the decades has become a true Demon Deacon. I'm glad he's on our team. He does a great job covering the Deacs. I'm thankful for his blog as well. It adds a lot and shows those who can't be on campus everyday the personal aspect of Wake athletics.

In times this bad, there will inevitably be spats by those who care for MSD, including Dan.

I think it's funny that since the "spat," Dan's Facebook affiliation now reads Franklin High School instead of UNC...

And, if e-fighting Dan Collins is the latest frontier, then we've already lost the war.

Last edited:

Yep, yep, yep, yep, yep and yep.

This.

Said it before and I'll say it again - if you publish something on the web you don't go into the comments section. You just don't do it. You're practically inviting yourself to be trolled.

Is it impartiality, or annoyingly feigned ignorance? I imagine you'd be pissed if your weatherman didn't mention that it was raining outside

I guess I just don't see him blatantly ignoring things. He reports what's happening, tries to get insider interviews, He's critical of the players and coaching when warranted. I'm not surprised that people expect him to vent the buzz out and wellman out attidude that a lot of the fanbase has... but that isn't realistic from a news outlet. And although it's a blog it's a WSJ featured blog... so it does come with journalistic integrity, which I absolutely believe Dan has. Those who fault him for not regurgitating rumors about Dino are being totally ridiculous.

Said it before and I'll say it again - if you publish something on the web you don't go into the comments section. You just don't do it. You're practically inviting yourself to be trolled.

Sound advice. A big chunk of the people who comment on articles are complete trolls. I was just thinking about this earlier when I was reading some of the Boston Globe comments. Some of these people would clearly fail the Wonderlic test. And all of their issues could easily be solved with the "if you don't like it then why are you here reading it" attitude but they keep coming back like cockroaches.

it does come with journalistic integrity, which I absolutely believe Dan has. Those who fault him for not regurgitating rumors about Dino are being totally ridiculous.

Sound advice. A big chunk of the people who comment on articles are complete trolls. I was just thinking about this earlier when I was reading some of the Boston Globe comments. Some of these people would clearly fail the Wonderlic test. And all of their issues could easily be solved with the "if you don't like it then why are you here reading it" attitude but they keep coming back like cockroaches.

tumblr_mgg0yaYRY71riiw1do1_250.gif

"Are you fucking kidding me with this hypocritical bullshit? It hasn't even been a week since you threatened to contact my employer over posts you found offensive, and you have the nerve to spout this bullshit?

Your lack of self awareness borders on the delusional."

Link???

Last edited:
The fact that 25% of this thread has turned into run-of-the-mill rj bashing shows how lame the premise of the actual thread is.

Back