• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Discussion

Saw Jimbo's press conference. The guy that introduced him, chancellor or AD I think, said something like "beat the hell out of Wake Forest." Clawson definitely took issue with it, which I like. Don't doubt that Jimbo probably would have said something similar, but he's not coaching the game. Nonetheless, I'm glad Clawson got fired up over it.

Clawson getting mad over that is stupid. What is the AD supposed to say? "I hope we can come out and maybe get a win, but based on the year we had, we'll be the underdog"

Is it not well known that aTm wants to beat Wake Forest and vice versa. By a lot if possible?

Clawson getting mad over that is stupid. What is the AD supposed to say? "I hope we can come out and maybe get a win, but based on the year we had, we'll be the underdog"

Is it not well known that aTm wants to beat Wake Forest and vice versa. By a lot if possible?

There's no need to get worked up about it. I just thought it was humorous on a slow day in sports.

And why not run it by the players? It's kinda silly but stuff like this does tend to motivate a bunch of 18-22 year olds

Yeah Jimbo and ESPN are all ready for those IN-GAME interviews. Halftime is a given. They are hoping A&M can get up by 2-3 touchdowns and they can do some in-depth interviewing and 100% A&M bullshit in the first half - during the game.

"Well my friend from LSU is AD at A&M, and after we TURNED LSU AROUND, he left for A&M and I went to work for Bobby..." vomit, rinse, vomit again.

Or "I took FSU about as far as I could" and somehow left without the program being on probation, which should be an every other year thing.

"Haha, I told the kids earlier this week...if you get Wake down...they will quit..." or "we already beat them with a freshman 2 months ago, so I was a little disappointed we had to play them again..." or "they don't have a history of solid defense" and all sorts of similar completely unchecked, walk all over Clawson and the program BS garbage.

EFF THAT SHIT. Don't let Dunce Cutcliffe punk us at halftime and guarantee a victory dance on our homefield, and then Jimbo (thinks there is a 100% chance) he beats us twice and is already talking smack.

Don't put up with Jimbo or Dunce or ESPN's junk.

Smack them right in the mouth, and then keep doing it.

When do we find out where our tickets are? I'm sure that's been covered.

Yeah Jimbo and ESPN are all ready for those IN-GAME interviews. Halftime is a given. They are hoping A&M can get up by 2-3 touchdowns and they can do some in-depth interviewing and 100% A&M bullshit in the first half - during the game.

"Well my friend from LSU is AD at A&M, and after we TURNED LSU AROUND, he left for A&M and I went to work for Bobby..." vomit, rinse, vomit again.

Or "I took FSU about as far as I could" and somehow left without the program being on probation, which should be an every other year thing.

"Haha, I told the kids earlier this week...if you get Wake down...they will quit..." or "we already beat them with a freshman 2 months ago, so I was a little disappointed we had to play them again..." or "they don't have a history of solid defense" and all sorts of similar completely unchecked, walk all over Clawson and the program BS garbage.

EFF THAT SHIT. Don't let Dunce Cutcliffe punk us at halftime and guarantee a victory dance on our homefield, and then Jimbo (thinks there is a 100% chance) he beats us twice and is already talking smack.

Don't put up with Jimbo or Dunce or ESPN's junk.

Smack them right in the mouth, and then keep doing it.

So glad I will be at the game and won't have to watch it on TV and hear them mention Bimbo's name about 100 times.

Initial ticket allotment sold out per football twitter account

About to be a lot of displeased people who get bumped out of club/lower levels. I might be one of them. Hopefully Wake will let people opt out of uppers. If not, that's going to be some pretty bad PR.

And why not run it by the players? It's kinda silly but stuff like this does tend to motivate a bunch of 18-22 year olds

I'm a lot older than that and it motivates me.
I hope everyone- players and fans - a super fired up for this game.
Looking like we'll have a very good crowd.

Belk Bowl Facebook page has a new Clawson press conference if anyone's interested.

ETA: Wasn't aware of this until Clawson said it, but we beat 5 bowl teams this season: State, UL, BC, App, Utah St. Looked it up and last season we beat 1: Indiana.

Last edited:
Do they all get the same one or get to choose one within a price range?

Citizen watches would have been way nicer. On the other hand, the $450 shopping spree is fantastic!

Would Citizen watches keep the total amount to no more than $500.00 in value (per NCAA regulations)? Honestly asking, as I have no idea how much any kind of watch costs these days....perhaps that's why they went with the Fossil watch.

Back