• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

Best custom Disney shirts I ever saw was a drinking around the world group called "Drunk by Norway."

The back had "Drunk by Norway," the pavilions and they crossed out each one they drank.

Apparently, one of the women in the group has a very low tolerance and only makes it as far as Norway... from the left. We met them in the monorail and she was not looking good.

The Epcot drinking shirts are pretty creative and generally funny.

The whole Disney changing shirts thing happened last year. I guess some TikTok went viral about a woman who wore revealing clothes and Disney gave her a free shirt to cover up. Then people started wearing revealing clothes and getting free shirts.

A few years ago, my wife and kid went to Blizzard Beach and since I don't do water parks, I spent a half day at world showcase. Grabbed a beer/snack at each country and either moseyed around checking out stuff we often move too fast to see or posted up on a bench and just watched all the bickering families pass on by. It was delightful.

Any meals that are must experience? We ate at the Crystal Palace(meh and overpriced) and Coral Reef(enjoyed the aquarium but still kinda meh) last time. The pick-up food we got the rest of the time was honestly almost as good.

If you want to do a character breakfast, we enjoyed Garden Grill (Epcot -- The Land pavilion). It is an obscene amount of food, but that makes it a two-meal day. Good cinnamon rolls, breakfast meats, tater tots. Nothing healthy about it, that's for sure. We enjoy going to Beaches and Cream (Beach Club Resort) for obscene sundaes. The Skipper's Canteen (MK, near Swiss Family Robinson) is good food, but the two times I've eaten there, I end up spending an inordinate amount of time in the last stall of the men's room near Pirates. I missed going on the Jingle Cruise thanks to that meal.

Any meals that are must experience? We ate at the Crystal Palace(meh and overpriced) and Coral Reef(enjoyed the aquarium but still kinda meh) last time. The pick-up food we got the rest of the time was honestly almost as good.

in the parks? most of the sit-down food is pretty good in the World Showcase.

resort hotels are all over the place. Jiko is kinda interesting at Animal Lodge; California Grill (on top of the Contemporary) is an experience, especially if you can get a 6-630 reservation and stay for the fireworks over the Magic Kingdom. technically you can get back up to the roof with your receipt but that's a pain to time if you're earlier than that.

Be Our Guest in Magic Kingdom was terrible.
San Angel Inn in EPCOT (Mexico) was much better than I had expected it to be.

We ate at random "fast casual" type spots for the rest of our meals in the parks, and most stuff was fine (albeit expensive).

We packed a ton of snacks and water to lug around in a backpack, but the kids would rather us pay $10 for an ice cream than eat something they get all the time at home.

I would consider Restaurant Marrakesh to be pretty great experience. The food is good and it's fun to watch the belly dancing.

They invite the kids to dance with the ladies.

Tofu?!

I just always insist on hitting up Flame Tree for lunch in AK. Big fan of that (newish?) dish w/ mac'n'cheese + pulled pork + onion rings + slaw.
Yikes - Is AK constantly replacing the toilets in close proximity to Flame Tree?

Does EPCOT still have the Japanese hibachi joint?
I think so.

I love that place but always get overruled, the mexico place and the italian pizza joint are probably my other top 2 restos in epcot. I'd rate the German biergarten higher except for having some realll weird experiences sitting with strangers there (if they still do that).

Back