• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC Live Commentary

Healthcare was Hillary's baby. You don't think she would've gone hard after reform?

And I remember one of the big Hillary vs. Obama debates among primary voters was that the Republicans hated Hillary so much, people thought she may be unelectable.

I think she would have remembered her history--Bill was elected in '92 to fix the economy. He got elected, then immediately tried to start reforming health care and got crushed in the '94 midterms (sound familiar?). At that point, he tacked to the center and got welfare reform done and coasted to re-election. I don't think she would have made the same mistake twice.

Watching Fox News.

Richardson should just keep saying UN Resolution 242 over and over to Hannity when asking about Israel. It's amazing how some forget how big of pricks Israel has been for the last 4+ decades.

I think she would have remembered her history--Bill was elected in '92 to fix the economy. He got elected, then immediately tried to start reforming health care and got crushed in the '94 midterms (sound familiar?). At that point, he tacked to the center and got welfare reform done and coasted to re-election. I don't think she would have made the same mistake twice.

Did you believe this in 2008? She pushed for health care reform hard during her campaign. Why would she do that if she planned to give it up based on what happened a decade earlier?

Anyone who isn't watching MSNBC during this total debacling is only cheating themselves. So, so good.

Hillary and Obama presidencies wouldn't have looked all that different in my opinion. I am looking forward to Michelle tonight. I have high hopes for her. She is as solid a 1st lady as they come. To be honest we have had some great first ladies the past 2 decades...Michell, Laura, Hillary, and Barbara. All have been very good partners for their respective commanders in chief.

Watching Fox News.

Richardson should just keep saying UN Resolution 242 over and over to Hannity when asking about Israel. It's amazing how some forget how big of pricks Israel has been for the last 4+ decades.

But without Israel we wouldn't have the Desert Eagle. Then where would we be?

Has Hannity ever had Jon Stewart or Bill Maher on? Guys that research these numbers just as well, if not better, than he does?

That guy from The West Wing never stood a chance.

I think Deval Patrick is very likely the replacement for Ruth Bader Ginsburg during Obama's next term.

hahaha, nice shot of Joey B stuffing his face during Patrick's speech on MSNBC

Happy 16th trillion dollar of debt, America! Heck of a time for a milestone. Axelrod can't be happy with that timing.

Hillary and Obama presidencies wouldn't have looked all that different in my opinion. I am looking forward to Michelle tonight. I have high hopes for her. She is as solid a 1st lady as they come. To be honest we have had some great first ladies the past 2 decades...Michell, Laura, Hillary, and Barbara. All have been very good partners for their respective commanders in chief.

Agreed for the most part. Only agree about Hillary because she could have made the Monica stuff (and other hoodrats) a lot worse for Bill.

Has Hannity ever had Jon Stewart or Bill Maher on? Guys that research these numbers just as well, if not better, than he does?

That guy from The West Wing never stood a chance.

Stewart and O'Reilly have been on each other's shows.

Watching PBS. I'm a little behind. Just finished watching Michelle's brother and Obama's sister and Lilly Leadbetter is up now.

Romney's dead if Obama pulls out the woman card. He was raised by a single mom. Also has a "real marriage". Has two daughters. Lives with his mother-in-law. Appointed two women to the Supreme Court.

Interesting they didn't allow Rahm to be an attack dog.

Only saw the end. I was expecting something like this. "Me me me. &*%^$. $(&$@. $@%@*. Romney. That little *&$# Ryan. Me me me. Rahm 2016 bitches."

Looks like he laid out Obama's accomplishments nicely. At some point, someone is going to have to say, "but at least that college student at home with his parents while looking for a job doesn't have to worry about his health insurance. And he can thank Barack Obama while he's putting up a new poster."

After listening to Patrick's speech I will now go run a marathon.

Chris Barron‏@ChrisRBarron [wfu sol '00]

If the goal of the DNC is to fire up the base this will work, if its to win swing voters this thing is a nightmare

Not sure if they showed it on the 24 hour networks, but Lilly Leadbetter did a great job.

Chris Barron‏@ChrisRBarron [wfu sol '00]

If the goal of the DNC is to fire up the base this will work, if its to win swing voters this thing is a nightmare

That's the problem. Liberals love to get all liberally with each other. These pro-choice and gay marriage applause lines will hurt in the long run. They're going to miss opportunities to appeal to the straight white working male voters.

Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer was on the PBS panel. He delivered a great speech in 2008. He should be up front here. Very popular red state governor. Doesn't have the liberal look. Bigger guy with a bolo tie. I added him as my avatar for a bit 4 years ago. I hope he'll run in 2016.

She sounded a bit to Alabamish to me.

Which is exactly what the Dems need on the platform. Fewer limousine liberals and more working class Americans.

Matthews just hot-mic'd a gripe at Maddow. Ooops. It's okay, no one will hear it. It was on MSNBC.

Deval Patrick is headed for big things.

Once you go black...

I like that he could talk about his accomplishments as governor in context. I didn't come off as a 2016 stump speech.

Back