• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC Live Commentary

She had no real answer for two reasons - 1 - there is no real reason other than it was a dumb mistake, and - 2 - she rarely has an answer when anyone asks her a question. I was reading the other day that the Dems. would love to just axe her entirely from news shows. But mostly in this case, it's No. 1. It's minor in the grand scheme of things, but why? Just a silly omission.

Pretty much. I don't think I've seen any other Dem talking head stumble and fumble around as much as her.

Turned on CNN. Saw that wire tapping twat Piers Morgan. Back to the biased 24 hour networks.

Yeah. Piers, some gay dude shilling for Romney, a surprisingly cute girl for Romney, and Hilary Rosen and Van Jones who have emerged from exile.

I wish news stations would just be honest with their guests. Some rich white dude in a suit arguing for Romney; are people really buying that the gays have magically decided they don't want to get married and are voting for Romney?

did Patrick remind anyone else of a skinnier Tony Gwynn?

Not at all. Gwynn was famous for his tireless work ethic, hours of film study and abiding sense of personal responsibility. Patrick is a Democrat.

And who owns that debt? Is there an answer other than "both parties?" How much of that debt resulted from pre-2009 events? Did you think it'd be gone in four years?

Obviously both parties own the debt, but in 2008 O promised to cut the deficit in half. Instead we're up 60%. Moving in the wrong direction and no plan to reverse it.

For those who watched, did anything stand out 1 way or other last night?

Agreed. Watching CNN's post-game and Piers nailed DWS on it. She had no real answer.

The same thing happened when Dick Durbin sat down with Bret Baier during the 6 p.m. show on Fox. Baier asked a very straightforward question (something like God was in the 2008 platform and is not in the 2012 platform--why the change?) and Durbin went nuclear-level defensive. It was one of the oddest things I've ever seen.

The same thing happened when Dick Durbin sat down with Bret Baier during the 6 p.m. show on Fox. Baier asked a very straightforward question (something like God was in the 2008 platform and is not in the 2012 platform--why the change?) and Durbin went nuclear-level defensive. It was one of the oddest things I've ever seen.

Getting defensive about it just looks even more odd. Just say it. "The word faith is litterred through out the platform and we just made a silly mistake. Obviously we believe in God." Simple and done. Going all indignant in the defense makes you look stupid.

I didn't see DWS but I find it hard to believe she handled that question any worse than Durbin did.

I rarely side with Fox News (in fact I can't remember EVER siding with Fox), but Breitbart does seem to be doing a fair job at asking the question. He was not inserting a dialogue, he was actually giving Durbin an opportunity to neutralize any crazy fervor about the ommissions by giving him a direct voice on the issue. Durbin screwed that one up and probably added more fuel to the fire.

I rarely side with Fox News (in fact I can't remember EVER siding with Fox), but Breitbart does seem to be doing a fair job at asking the question. He was not inserting a dialogue, he was actually giving Durbin an opportunity to neutralize any crazy fervor about the ommissions by giving him a direct voice on the issue. Durbin screwed that one up and probably added more fuel to the fire.

He even served up the question softball style like 3 or 4 times in that clip.

Also, I suspect CNN will ask some tough questions about the jobs claims made last night. They more or less ripped those to shreds in their fact check after the speeches were over and done. Speaker after speaker got up there and proclaimed 4.5 million private sector jobs created. And MO said they were good paying jobs on which you could raise a family. CNN spent about 5 minutes debunking all those claims saying we have net losses in the private sector under Obama and that the jobs which have been created are worse than the ones we lost in terms of pay.

Also, I suspect CNN will ask some tough questions about the jobs claims made last night. They more or less ripped those to shreds in their fact check after the speeches were over and done. Speaker after speaker got up there and proclaimed 4.5 million private sector jobs created. And MO said they were good paying jobs on which you could raise a family. CNN spent about 5 minutes debunking all those claims saying we have net losses in the private sector under Obama and that the jobs which have been created are worse than the ones we lost in terms of pay.

SMH Media giving "facts" a bad name

fredgraph.png

private sector post-recession job recovery has been pretty much in line with every other post-recession period.

For those who watched, did anything stand out 1 way or other last night?

The heavy hitters were excellent.....Castro was the best imo, but overshadowed by Michelle who was dantastic as well.

That cannot be true. Pubs have repeatedly said on here that CNN and every other tv media news outlet besides Fox panders to liberals.

Saw a late interview with Chuck Todd and Ted Strickland. Chuck said way things were looking in Ohio that the Romney camp is having to consider how to win the election without Ohio. If that is the case, Romney is in deep trouble.

Chuck Todd keeps saying things like with no proof. He is an insider and he has his sources but listening to him the last couple of weeks you would think that Romney is only campaigning in Texas, Alabama, Mississippi and Arkansas. I am not saying he is wrong but he is basically saying that Romney has given up even while every poll in America shows him gaining ground.

Back