• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do Infants Belong In Movies?

That is pretty much where I stand on the issue. If the parents and kids can handle it, then nothing wrong with the kids being there.

There was a 3 year old that was seated behind me on a flight the other month. She kept kicking and tugging at my seat, which was annoying me. Does that mean that kids shouldn't be allowed to fly - no. However, I do think that the parent's should have been responsible enough to keep her from kicking the seat like it was a soccer ball.

We have a thread for that. :D

That is pretty much where I stand on the issue. If the parents and kids can handle it, then nothing wrong with the kids being there.

There was a 3 year old that was seated behind me on a flight the other month. She kept kicking and tugging at my seat, which was annoying me. Does that mean that kids shouldn't be allowed to fly - no. However, I do think that the parent's should have been responsible enough to keep her from kicking the seat like it was a soccer ball.

Hello and pleased to meet you. You may enjoy this thread. It turns to shithead child seatkicking around page 13, when I show up to save the day. enjoy!

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php?7383-On-An-Airplane-Next-To-A-Fat-Guy/page13

there's a difference between travel and entertainment. Sometimes families have to fly. Families never HAVE to go to the movies.
Unless there's a blanket statement to the effect of 'children permitted until they are disturbing others' experience, at which point they must be removed from the theater', children (lets say under 3) shouldn't be at the theater.

and if you do bring an infant to the movies, by god you better be out of there at the first sign of crying. no waiting to see if it passes, you get the f up, leave the theater, and deal with the crying in the lobby so i can enjoy the movie in peace

Thank goodness my parents live in Raleigh. Free babysitting whenever we eventuallysometimeinthefuturenotsoon have kids ftw.

So, you are just scared of small children in general? Even if that child sits still and watches/eats quietly? That's on you then.

I've got small children. When I go to a nice restaurant (nice, not decent) or an R-rated movie, I leave the kids at home and I expect to not be bothered by other people's children. If a family sits down near me, i know that I have the prospect of having my escape and my enjoyment diminshed or completely destroyed, by some stranger's kids. Even if it doesn't happen it's still a distraction. Kind of like seeing a mom get on an airplane with a baby and hoping they're not sitting near you. You don't know in advance that the kid's going to keep it together for the next two or three hours.

ETA, I know there is a difference between flying on an airplane and going to a movie/nice dinner.

there's a difference between travel and entertainment. Sometimes families have to fly. Families never HAVE to go to the movies.
Unless there's a blanket statement to the effect of 'children permitted until they are disturbing others' experience, at which point they must be removed from the theater', children (lets say under 3) shouldn't be at the theater.

This wasn't a have to fly situation. The dad was telling one of the flight attendants that they were on this flight to teach her how to fly in preparation for a trip overseas. They basically did a flight run.

I've got small children. When I go to a nice restaurant (nice, not decent) or an R-rated movie, I leave the kids at home and I expect to not be bothered by other people's children. If a family sits down near me, i know that I have the prospect of having my escape and my enjoyment diminshed or completely destroyed, by some stranger's kids. Even if it doesn't happen it's still a distraction. Kind of like seeing a mom get on an airplane with a baby and hoping they're not sitting near you. You don't know in advance that the kid's going to keep it together for the next two or three hours.

ETA, I know there is a difference between flying on an airplane and going to a movie/nice dinner.

yeah this is what i meant here but he talks gooder in posts then me

i dont care if the kid can handle it, i dont wanna have that shit around me bro

This wasn't a have to fly situation. The dad was telling one of the flight attendants that they were on this flight to teach her how to fly in preparation for a trip overseas. They basically did a flight run.

"Now little lady, here's how you kick the seat in front of you. They will love it on our overseas flight!" That's hilarious. A pre-flight flight to teach her how to fly and then do no actual teaching.

Do you get this is why I say you think you are special for having kids? You put your needs above those of the other movie goers so you don't have to miss out. You think you are more important than everyone else. If your wife doesn't trust people with the kid stay home.

How so? Are you a parent? A lot of new moms and parents in general do not like leaving their children with anyone at first.

We rarely go to the movies anymore we simply do not have the time.

I bet they planned it out too. Picked their targets and all.

"Hm, that WakeGal looks like she will be pissed, but she won't want to cause a scene. Three tickets behind the lady who will keep it together on the outside please!"

then dont. go. to. the. movies.
sacrifices of having a child. there are just going to be some things you don't get to do as often/until they're older. would you use the same excuse to take your infant out with you to a nice dinner? to a bar?

We don't go out much anymore well at least I don't.

You stayed the entire movie with your child acting like that? did you consider leaving so others could enjoy it? Did you consider not giving him soda all morning?

Why are your kids calmed by the TV but amped up by the movies?

Are you aware that you *are* white trash, and therefore not an exception to the rule?

Whatever you want to think go for it? If talking down on people makes you feel like a better man than sure let me help swell your pride. Your mom is proud I am sure. And if there are people in the theater and my child acts up I take him out, but most of the time we go when the movie is about out and the theater is dead.

Dude, don't pull out the "YOU'RE NOT A PARENT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND" crap. That shit is sooooo condescending.

doesn't matter as long as I can watch. Neither of you want the other to go away because it is too much fun for you and James has nothing in his arsenal to stop you.

I do it is the fact that he really doesn't bother me anymore.

How so? Are you a parent? A lot of new moms and parents in general do not like leaving their children with anyone at first.

We rarely go to the movies anymore we simply do not have the time.

I agree with you WakeGal. When my son was tiny and we couldn't find a sitter and needed to get away we took him to a movie or two and he slept through it. At 6 though no way.

I have bolded the part where you put your needs above everyone else's, thus proving you think you are special.

Whatever you want to think go for it? If talking down on people makes you feel like a better man than sure let me help swell your pride. Your mom is proud I am sure. And if there are people in the theater and my child acts up I take him out, but most of the time we go when the movie is about out and the theater is dead.

YOU JUST SAID the kid was a shitshow "the whole movie." What did you do about it? Or was it a mostly empty theater so you were only annoying a few people so no biggie?

Back