• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do Navy Seals take PEDs?

My buddy who is a air combat controller says def not because the drugs available only give you benefits in sone areas and hamper you in others and overall balance is paramount.

A PED like anabolic steroids stimulates faster muscle regeneration, so it's effects are limited to how you work out. Swimmers and gymnasts can get just as many performance benefits from steroids as baseball players and wrestlers. I can see how high cholesterol and roid rage would hamper someone in a high pressure, detail oriented field, but PEDs pretty much work exactly how you want them to, in relation to physical benefits.

Last edited:
Everything I hear about seals is when the pressure is high they remain incredibly calm. I can't imagine some steroid junkie keeping their cool when pressure cooker is that intense. It is also possible I have watched The Program too many times.

That guy is big but I'd be really surprised if they were using anything that would mess with the old brain.

Everything I hear about seals is when the pressure is high they remain incredibly calm. I can't imagine some steroid junkie keeping their cool when pressure cooker is that intense. It is also possible I have watched The Program too many times.

I'm going to assume the US military gets better stuff than the crazy dude from The Program.

My brothers buddy came in for the horse race and his biggest accomplishment of that week was that he had found Rip Its near his house. Obviously different but I have no doubt that these guys are in something.

Reminds me of the movie Basic. "Combat Cocktails"

steroid junkie?

roid rage is largely a myth, you sound like someone talking about marijuana that is basing their entire opinion on reefer madness.

our elite soldiers would be idiots if they weren't on something, especially with doctor supervision.

My brothers buddy came in for the horse race and his biggest accomplishment of that week was that he had found Rip Its near his house. Obviously different but I have no doubt that these guys are in something.

Reminds me of the movie Basic. "Combat Cocktails"

Typical Marine

(I kid....but seriously)

I bet most of the Special Forces guys take amphetamines before missions or some other sort of mental stimulant. Especially if they are going to be out away from base for long periods of time.

I bet most of the Special Forces guys take amphetamines before missions or some other sort of mental stimulant. Especially if they are going to be out away from base for long periods of time.

You've obviously never been in the military.

Mission prep is it's own stimulant.

The documentary Bigger, Stronger, Faster was pretty convincing that steroids can be taken responsibly under a doctor's supervision in such a way as to provide all the benefits without the negative side effects.

Back