• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do they realize the damage they've done?

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
Do people in the athletic department, Wake administration, and BOT realize the damage they've done with the [Redacted] era?

Do they realize that they're responsible for the new Staak era?

Do they realize that several classes of Wake students will leave with no real allegiance to Wake sports?

Do they realize that there is far more distrust of the powers that be at Wake than there was before?

planet.jpg

THEY BLEW IT UP

Assuming they do care, the next question is whether they realize how urgent things are. [Redacted] was a crushing blow to a program that was arguably at its highest point in 50 years, but I don't believe he has entirely ruined everything that Odom and Skip built. We still have two of the top five players in the NBA, if you go by last year's All-NBA team. But if we have another bad hire, another four years of irrelevance, I fear the momentum of CP3, Duncan, and all the No. 1 rankings, high seeds and first-round picks that Skip and Dino brought us will be wasted.

Do people in the athletic department, Wake administration, and BOT realize the damage they've done with the [Redacted] era?

Do they realize that they're responsible for the new Staak era?

Do they realize that several classes of Wake students will leave with no real allegiance to Wake sports?

Do they realize that there is far more distrust of the powers that be at Wake than there was before?

obviously not

*do they care

apparently not

Most of them see it as an unfortunate time that was necessary to clean up the program.

Which calls into question the basic intelligence of the people running the university.

The bigger impact is on the non-athletic side of things. How many dollars is Wake not getting for the capital campaign right now because of this dumpster fire? How many dollars are they not going to get 20 years from now when the student's who were here for Bzzz's four years don't give anything to the university (or give less than they might otherwise have if we had a great team)? How many national ranking spots will Wake not move up because there's a larger percentage of alums who will be disengaged?

I know some of these are generalizations, not every kid there now is going to be disengaged, but I think there's a correlation.

Most of them see it as an unfortunate time that was necessary to clean up the program.

The problem with that line of thinking was that narrative wasn't even invented until after Dino was fired and [Redacted] hired.

And the sheep run our university.

Not at all, Strickland33. Not at all.

I think they probably do care...now. From what I hear (which is word of mouth and nothing official) Wake Will is not going well at all. Wake does care about the money and always will.

Back