• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do we have a chance against Duke?

I was in the house when a less than stellar Wake team beat the Laettner/G Hill Dookies.........

That team had a guy named Rogers and IIRC, Tucker had a really good game. That team was competitive and would beat this team 100-50.

No, this Duke game will be a tight, close game right up until tip-off.

That team had a guy named Rogers and IIRC, Tucker had a really good game. That team was competitive and would beat this team 100-50.

No, this Duke game will be a tight, close game right up until tip-off.

Two years in a row Tucker showed up big at home against Duke. Fun games. 1992 game was one of the best I attended at Wake - overcame a double digit deficit and rolled the last five minutes. Atmosphere was crazy. Comparing Odom's initial teams to Bzd's initial teams in any capacity = fail.

10% on Kenpom. Stranger things have happened (see: BC / FSU)

I've got a spare ticket, I'll offer it to Wes Miller, his presence alone should give us the win.

That was a top 40 team.

IIRC that team finished the ACC at 7-9, was given a gift invite to the NCAA's probably on the basis of beating dook (might have been one of there 2-3 loss seasons) and promptly embarrassed themselves against L'ville in the 8-9 game.

Childress was out for the season with his knee injury and the team looked helpless most of the year, even with Rodney.

If people want comparative game for this, it would be 1988 Wake (Staak) vs UNC.

Two years in a row Tucker showed up big at home against Duke. Fun games. 1992 game was one of the best I attended at Wake - overcame a double digit deficit and rolled the last five minutes. Atmosphere was crazy. Comparing Odom's initial teams to Bzd's initial teams in any capacity = fail.

I talked to Jay Bilas several years ago and he was still shaking his head about those games. He was an assistant coach during the time period of those games couldn't even remember Tucker's name, but it still bugged him.

that team had chris king too

McQueen
Tucker (Chill was out with the knee)
King
Rogers
Medlin

6th man Tree Owens

That team would kill our current team.

I always felt like Medlin should have stayed on the bench as a rotation guy and we were very athletic with Tree at center and Tucker/King/Rogers/Tree gave others matchup nightmares.

lloydchristmas.jpg

This guy says he reads you loud and clear.

I don't care what kenpom says. Us beating Duke would be stranger than BC beating FSU.

That's fine. Btw, while we're on the subject of you disagreeing with KenPom (and because I am an asshole), have you looked at Clemson recently?

On January 13th, the day after they lost to BC, you posted:

Clemson has one of the lowest luck factors on kenpom.

My take is that they are overrated per kenpom.

You went on to say:

Clemson hasn't looked like a top 50 team all year and their rating is just starting to catch up with their actual performance. Their only decent win is over a similarly overrated FSU team.

That day, Clemson was ranked 98th. They are currently ranked 67th.

Similarly, Florida St was ranked 41st that day. They are currently ranked 25th.

I think it's pretty fair to say that FSU is a wildly inconsistent team while Duke just isn't.

Back