• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you have a PhD/JD/MD?

doc?

• Total voters
Man, I wish I had posted this on the Pit. That'd get way more hits.

LK or someone, can you move it?

damn, someone beat me to the "arrogant townie talk" tag

Should have separated the degrees, so I know not to count people like jamesda's online liberty university night school classes.

This board of a reflection of society in the sense that the least educated tend to be the biggest know-it-alls.

This board of a reflection of society in the sense that the least educated tend to be the biggest know-it-alls.

Well, I'm not sure not having a doctorate makes you least educated around here. I have my M.S. with is the level I need for my profession.

No way can a JD be considered on the same level as a PhD or MD.

philosophiae doctor
doctorate of medicine
juris doctor

you definitely don't call a lawyer "dr. smith" though

I don't much care for this thread. As I have noted before, one of the attractive aspects of a forum such as this is that there is no rank. Posters must be judged by the quality of their posts and not on the rank they have achieved in their careers. Everyone is equal here, and that's the way it should remain.

I wanted to get at boogity's claim on the politics board that 50% of posters on here had a doctorate. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was including lawyers with JDs in that group.

I'm making no commentary about advanced degrees and how good or bad posters are.

Back