• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you have kids who play youth sports? If so, which ones?

choose multiples if applicable

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Back to the thread... they were good times, but I am glad I am not driving to sit in a gym every night of the year now, like it seemed I did for 13 or 14 years.

lol why is there an all star baseball team for 7 year olds?

My 7 year old will play on 5 different baseball teams over the next three weeks. Regular rec ball, travel/challenge, allstars, CLT tournament of champions, and districts/states. Different kids on each team, and different coaches. Practice, game, or multiple games every single day. Shoot me now.
So this shit starts up at 7 now? It's coach pitch too, right?

I just coached a 5 & 6 t-ball team and they can't even catch thrown balls.

Obviously they're not all-star material.

When my 5 yo great nephew came home from his first t-ball game he wasn't very happy. I asked him is he had trouble hitting the ball or catching it. He told me he did great. What bothered him was that they didn't keep score and nobody won.

He asked me why did we teach him to add and count if they weren't going to keep score. That was GREAT!

When his sister was about the same age, she played her first soccer game. She scored all the goals for her team. I asked her how she did. She told me most of the girls were afraid of the ball and afraid to fall. She liked both.

When my 5 yo great nephew came home from his first t-ball game he wasn't very happy. I asked him is he had trouble hitting the ball or catching it. He told me he did great. What bothered him was that they didn't keep score and nobody won.

He asked me why did we teach him to add and count if they weren't going to keep score. That was GREAT!

When his sister was about the same age, she played her first soccer game. She scored all the goals for her team. I asked her how she did. She told me most of the girls were afraid of the ball and afraid to fall. She liked both.

So that's a no?

I just coached a 5 & 6 t-ball team and they can't even catch thrown balls.

There is a big jump from that to the 7/8 year old machine pitch allstar teams. They go from not catching popups to gunning batters out from deep at shortstop. Rec ball still has a lot of Bad News Bears, but the decent challenge teams generally make all of the routine plays and some pretty impressive ones.

My girls were competitive cheerleaders. Sports that involve judging suck - and so do 8 hour competitions where your kid goes on for 3 minutes... But they loved it and were on really good teams.

There is a big jump from that to the 7/8 year old machine pitch allstar teams. They go from not catching popups to gunning batters out from deep at shortstop. Rec ball still has a lot of Bad News Bears, but the decent challenge teams generally make all of the routine plays and some pretty impressive ones.

No, no they don't. This is what kills me abt sports parents.

2 girls. Travel soccer for the oldest. Probably will try travel basketball this year. She has played a couple of years of CYO and loves it. Youngest is a lax girl, but it is basically chasing ground balls at this point. Crabcakes and lacrosse, it's what Maryland does.

Back