• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do You Watch The News?

Do You Watch The News?

• Total voters

wfudkn

cookout = blabbermouth?
Reaction score
The Brian Williams LIED thread made me wonder whether people still watch the news.

You can select multiple options.

Last edited:
i consume bits and pieces of pretty much all channels EXCEPT the big 3 "nightly news" programs.

i voted 'other' because i basically glean info from all of these sources at some point or another, but don't actually make a point to check/watch any on a regular/daily basis.

My wife will have GMA on in the mornings when we are getting ready, but that is really about the only news programming I see. I like the Daily Show and John Oliver, but I usually forget. I used to DVR the Daily Show but found that I didn't watch it all that often and my DVR just got too full.

just john oliver

i guess i'll watch clips if they're online

We try to make a point to watch the evening news while we sit down for dinner. Most of the stories I've already heard from here or reddit, so the news brings up the topic and we discuss it further.

I normally watch local news once or twice a week, same with the daily show. I am on CNN off and on all day every day on the internet in addition to reading Real Clear Politics stories (aggregating website) every morning and afternoon. Similarly I go to Fox News and MSNBC a few times a day just to see what their take on what the news are for the day. I even read a few gossip stories from yahoo. Same with Politico.

I'll probably catch 60 minutes a couple times a month. I also religiously follow Reddit so I get stories really quickly. Most news channels run stories that were on Reddit as soon as they happened.

I try to catch at least part of the local news every night.

Forgot to check Other as well. I watch every episode of TMZ for HOT celebrity news

I'll watch Daily Show/Nightly Show maybe once or twice a week. I watch the big John Oliver clip of the week on Mondays. That's pretty much it for TV news. The rest is NPR whenever I'm in the car and articles linked from Facebook and the boards mostly from The Atlantic, The Economist, and major national papers.

I watch some morning local news(primarily for weather and traffic) and The Daily Show at night. Jon Stewart is the king of late night!

I watch John Oliver. Time Warner Cable News is on in my office a lot, so I see that during the day and occasionally stop to watch a story if it catches my attention as I walk by.

I try to watch local, cable and John Oliver plus read the paper, also NYT/WSJ and check realclearpolitics and their sister sites (realclearsports is fantastic).

The internet is overwhelmingly my primary source for news. The news channels do very little news, the big 3 nightly newscasts are irrelevant, and comedic sources for news are obviously a bit hard to take seriously. It is much easier to sift through bias and bullshit online.

Primarily NPR. And the internet.

*Actually, much of my news comes from the boards.

The internet is overwhelmingly my primary source for news. The news channels do very little news, the big 3 nightly newscasts are irrelevant, and comedic sources for news are obviously a bit hard to take seriously. It is much easier to sift through bias and bullshit online.

This is pretty much me as well. And the boards.

The only time I consider watching the news is Election Day. Even then, I can't watch the conservative assholes on FOX or the liberal douches on MSNBC. CNN probably has the best coverage and anchors, but I hate every one of the smug talking heads at their 3-6 different sets.

Back