• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does anyone know why Tampa sports don't start at 7?

cpadeac2010

Reaction score
The Rays have been starting all of their games at 6:45. And now tonight the Lightning game started at 6:30. Anyone know why?

tonight both drays and lightning playing at home starting at 6:30.

I believe they started the hockey game early so it wouldn't run into the 9pm Vancouver-Nashville game as much.

so you can spend more time at the strip clubs after the game

I don't know the answer, but I suspect it somehow involves Windy City Deac throwing it in a Tampa cougar's pooper in a restaurant bathroom.

Just seems odd that Tampa is always the only baseball game starting at 6:45 and now the hockey game starts earlier than any of the other games.

Surprised the Rays start so early when it is reportedly such a pain in the ass to get to the Trop from Tampa

Yeah, I don't get it either. Would make more sense for games to start a little later.

Just seems odd that Tampa is always the only baseball game starting at 6:45 and now the hockey game starts earlier than any of the other games.

DBacks games out here in Phoenix often start at 6:40 p.m. on weeknights. It is kind of strange.

It's Florida, home of the early-bird specials. Some of us don't move quite as fast as we used to, you know....

elderlysign.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yeah. Old people. I forget about them sometimes. And old people love baseball and getting in bed before 10 pm.

People in general probably don't work as late/as much in Tampa/Arizona as they do in some of the larger cities like NY, Boston and DC. If a supermajority is leaving work at 5 or 5:30, it's much easier to make it to an earlier start time.

Well that pretty much confirms who Angus is.

Back