• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does anyone know why Wake Football Marketing has gotten so much better?

dagreekdeac

Reaction score
I just saw this:

And I have felt this way consistently, but the editing on that catch is really fun to watch. And this has been consistently the case for about a year and a half... I wonder what they've put in place to get so much... better at it :)

The weird thing is that our marketing team has kicked ass with twitter and instagram videos and posts, graphics and editing are amazing. But there is no YouTube presence whatsoever. I don’t know if it’s a rights issue or what but no press conferences, game highlights or anything.

The weird thing is that our marketing team has kicked ass with twitter and instagram videos and posts, graphics and editing are amazing. But there is no YouTube presence whatsoever. I don’t know if it’s a rights issue or what but no press conferences, game highlights or anything.
You think it might be targeted i.e. maybe they did research that said people over x age use youtube and y age use twitter/instagram?

Because I've noticed the same thing and the gap seems so significant that it must be intentional.

Do other schools in the ACC do this? If not, I'd bet your guess about rights is correct.

has kicked ass with twitter and instagram videos and posts, graphics and editing are amazing. But there is no YouTube presence whatsoever. I don’t know if it’s a rights issue or what but no press conferences, game highlights or anything.

don’t get me started on this. i lodged another complaint about this yesterday.

i can’t find another p5/p4 school who uses youtube as poorly as us. when i looked up wake forest on YT, i got a whole bunch of content posted by the vandy team.

generally speaking, twitter and ig are good ways to build more top-of-funnel awareness which you want to drive to a platform like youtube that is better for long-term discoverability. a YT subscriber is more valuable / engaged than one twitter or IG 99% of the time, usually materially so.

I wish were would post old games on YouTube or on the ACC app. (No one just me ?).
Btw ESPN plus has our two ACC titles posted entire game

Les used to have the pressers in full on the DDD YT channel but that doesn’t appear to be happening anymore, only the pregame player ones, no Clawson at all the first couple weeks, anyway.

I wish were would post old games on YouTube or on the ACC app. (No one just me ?).
Btw ESPN plus has our two ACC titles posted entire game

If you use this link: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wake+forest+football and the click "Full Game" at the top, you will see a number of our full games and the ACC says the Vanderbilt / WFU full game is posting now.

For example, last year's Clemson game is available for anyone who would like to torture themselves.

ACC Digital Network is awesome with the condensed games, highlights, and full game replays.

Just wish there were some hype videos similar to what we do on other platforms and then press conferences

I thought it was interesting this week when Clawson said that the Vandy coaches were talking a lot about limiting the explosive plays from Wake, so we knew we had be ready to run a lot because they would keep an extra man deep. I wonder how much Clawson limits what he says in pressers and how much he asks players to limit what they say. I know Wakeyleaks, understandably, made him extra paranoid.

Back