• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does Obama Really Want to be Associated with the Occupy movement?

ncsportsnut1

Reaction score
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...ccupy-oakland-protesters-break-into-city-hall

Burning an American flag, invading City Hall? All the other problems with the "movement" which still in my mind is not really a movement as much as someone needing to get their YouTube moments...

Should Obama really be tying his rhetoric so closely to this type activity? He certainly has not come out publicly to condemn burning an American flag so, in my mind, he is giving tacit approval...

Dang I might have to vote for a filthy rich lazy tax-evading Cayman Island enjoying Republican! Imagine that!

You'd vote for anyone over obama and you know it.

You are scared to dwath the fairness argument is gonig to be a big winner.

I have yet to see anyone come up with a solution to the "fairness argument". It's just populist bullshit to rile people up. Great politics...horrible leadership.

I think its a given that you and I will cnacel out each other's vote....that being said...answer the question...

in light of flag burning extremists attacking and looting the City Hall of Oakland and saying they speak for all the 99%, why hasn't Obama condemned their actions? In the great civil rights movement, Martin Luther King decried violence and those type actions to promote a cause and sought peaceful demonstrations that respected other citizens' rights. What's wrong with these people that they can't do the same, and why can't Obama speak out against them?

I have yet to see anyone come up with a solution to the "fairness argument". It's just populist bullshit to rile people up. Great politics...horrible leadership.

What do you mean? This is confusing.

How the hell did you manage to conclude that Obama endorses violance? Hilarious.

Dr. King would have decried any violence, but he definitely would have supported the Occupy movement.

Warren Buffet has. It's very simple- -anyone with an income over $1M must pay a minium of 30% of their income.

I think its a given that you and I will cnacel out each other's vote....that being said...answer the question...

in light of flag burning extremists attacking and looting the City Hall of Oakland and saying they speak for all the 99%, why hasn't Obama condemned their actions? In the great civil rights movement, Martin Luther King decried violence and those type actions to promote a cause and sought peaceful demonstrations that respected other citizens' rights. What's wrong with these people that they can't do the same, and why can't Obama speak out against them?

You are really losing it. no one is condoning violence.

As to flag-burning-that's so 1982....

How come the GOP hasn't decried the overt racism shown at nearly every Tea Party event?

How the GOP hasn't called Newt on the carpet for his racist comments like "food stamp President"?

You really have no footing from which to complain.

Your side has no candidate running who has a shot at beating Obama.

Last edited:
Warren Buffet has. It's very simple- -anyone with an income over $1M must pay a minium of 30% of their income.

How would that solve the fairness problem? It would take away a minuscule amount of money from the super successful. I fail to see how that helps the unsuccessful. Again, great populist politics but accomplishes very little.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...ccupy-oakland-protesters-break-into-city-hall

Burning an American flag, invading City Hall? All the other problems with the "movement" which still in my mind is not really a movement as much as someone needing to get their YouTube moments...

Should Obama really be tying his rhetoric so closely to this type activity? He certainly has not come out publicly to condemn burning an American flag so, in my mind, he is giving tacit approval...

Dang I might have to vote for a filthy rich lazy tax-evading Cayman Island enjoying Republican! Imagine that!

lol

It's always funny when Pubs talk about defending the Constitution but complain when someone wants to exercise their rights

go home, troll

How would that solve the fairness problem? It would take away a minuscule amount of money from the super successful. I fail to see how that helps the unsuccessful. Again, great populist politics but accomplishes very little.

does anyone know of any websites that allow you to toggle tax rates to see what the full effect would be on the tax receipts and any negative effect it would have on the economy? i always hear people describe such a change as minimal or insignificant and i'd like to just see what kind of numbers we are talking about. i remember there were some applications that would let you work with state tax rates and programs to allow you to try and balance the state budget a year or two ago. something similar for the federal government would be a great time killer and also give you a better idea of the demographics we are working with.

for the record, i think it is an absolute must to fix our tax code to increase revenues from the top 1% or whatever. i know looking at mitt's tax return is anecdotal, but for him to pay such a low tax rate is an absolute failure of our system. i don't blame him for it because he is (presumably) playing by the rules just like we all do in april.

lol

It's always funny when Pubs talk about defending the Constitution but complain when someone wants to exercise their rights

go home, troll

Funny how the Dems love all of the Amendments except for the second one.

I love all of the amendments except for 18. Fortunately, the 21st took care of that.

let's have a good flag burning argument.

i, for one, hope we always have a president who supports the right for US citizens to burn the flag.

Funny how the Dems love all of the Amendments except for the second one.

I love all of the amendments except for 18. Fortunately, the 21st took care of that.

Must've been out hunting pheasants with an uzi that woeful day when Obama and all the rest of the dems took your precious guns away -- I missed it. It's obviously clear now, though, that it will be a major issue in the upcoming election. Hide yer guns.

Back