• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does Putin have something on Trump? (Answer: YES)

Can somebody remind me why sailor, knowell, and others believe the dossier is a fabrication?

don't recall saying that it was a fabrication, just that Trump's collusion with Russian interference in the US election has not been demonstrated, nor have I opposed an investigation of the collusion hypothesis

The Continuing Fallout from Trump and Nune's Fake Scandal

Recently, several members and staffers on the House Intelligence Committee, which is investigating Russia’s role in the Presidential election, visited the National Security Agency, in Fort Meade, Maryland. Inside the enormous black glass headquarters of America’s largest spy agency, the congressmen and their aides were shown a binder of two to three dozen pages of highly classified intercepts, mostly transcripts of conversations between foreign government officials that took place during the Presidential transition. These intercepts were not related to the heart of the committee’s Russia investigation. In fact, only one of the documents had anything to do with Russia, according to an official who reviewed them.

What the intercepts all had in common is that the people being spied on made references to Donald Trump or to Trump officials. That wasn’t even clear, though, from reading the transcripts. The names of any Americans were concealed, or “masked,” the intelligence community’s term for redacting references to Americans who are not the legal targets of surveillance when such intelligence reports are distributed to policy makers.

It is now clear that the scandal was not Rice’s normal review of the intelligence reports but the coördinated effort between the Trump Administration and Nunes to sift through classified information and computer logs that recorded Rice’s unmasking requests, and then leak a highly misleading characterization of those documents, all in an apparent effort to turn Rice, a longtime target of Republicans, into the face of alleged spying against Trump. It was a series of lies to manufacture a fake scandal. Last week, CNN was the first to report that both Democrats and Republicans who reviewed the Nunes material at the N.S.A. said that the documents provided “no evidence that Obama Administration officials did anything unusual or illegal.”

The first Russian institute document was a strategy paper written last June that circulated at the highest levels of the Russian government but was not addressed to any specific individuals.

It recommended the Kremlin launch a propaganda campaign on social media and Russian state-backed global news outlets to encourage U.S. voters to elect a president who would take a softer line toward Russia than the administration of then-President Barack Obama, the seven officials said.

A second institute document, drafted in October and distributed in the same way, warned that Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was likely to win the election. For that reason, it argued, it was better for Russia to end its pro-Trump propaganda and instead intensify its messaging about voter fraud to undermine the U.S. electoral system’s legitimacy and damage Clinton’s reputation in an effort to undermine her presidency, the seven officials said.

The current and former U.S. officials spoke on the condition of anonymity due to the Russian documents’ classified status. They declined to discuss how the United States obtained them. U.S. intelligence agencies also declined to comment on them.

Putin has denied interfering in the U.S. election. Putin’s spokesman and the Russian institute did not respond to requests for comment.

The documents were central to the Obama administration's conclusion that Russia mounted a “fake news” campaign and launched cyber attacks against Democratic Party groups and Clinton's campaign, the current and former officials said.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Putin had the objective in mind all along, and he asked the institute to draw him a road map,” said one of the sources, a former senior U.S. intelligence official.

Mensch and Taylor are FOS.

Yeah, i feel like if there were all these tapes floating around, some audio would either get leaked or someone would be feeding this story to reporters with a little more clout.

I think it's safe to assume now that BSF was a russian working to undermine the election

So I guess this is legit now. Fox News is even reporting it.

Headline: "Think tank with ties to Putin reportedly had plans to sway election in Trump's favor"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/20/think-tank-with-ties-to-putin-reportedly-had-plans-to-sway-election-in-trumps-favor.html

This is basically FoxNews accepted confirmation of what was already established months ago.

Paragraph from the article: "Putin has denied any interference in the U.S. election, and Trump said the Kremlin’s activities did not play a role in the election outcome. There is no evidence thus far that Trump or his associates knew about Russia’s effort during the campaign. The FBI and lawmakers are investigating."

This is the next step if you believe what is currently percolating out there in the outerspace between mainstream media.

I think it's safe to assume now that BSF was a russian working to undermine the election

That article published a few weeks ago about Russia influencers on the Internet was shockingly similar to BSF.

That article published a few weeks ago about Russia influencers on the Internet was shockingly similar to BSF.

I always assumed he was legit though. He had been posting on here for a while and even went back to the old board right? He had something like 25k posts.

riscdeac on the other hand...that's a different story. All of his/her/its messages have mysteriously vanished.

I always assumed he was legit though. He had been posting on here for a while and even went back to the old board right? He had something like 25k posts.

riscdeac on the other hand...that's a different story. All of his/her/its messages have mysteriously vanished.

just built to establish 'credibility'

Back