• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does Wake Forest Employ a Radical Muslim?

tigerswood

Reaction score
http://www.radicalislam.org/analysis/wake-forest-universitys-radical-imam

I'm not very versed on this situation, but recently received an email containing a six page letter sent to President Hatch and the Board of Trustees by Donald Woodsmall '76 JD '81(great last name). I have to admit, it is pretty troubling to me, and I was curious as to if people here have an opinion/more knowledge on this. The original letter/response can be seen at the bottom of the article.

My bad, not sure how I overlooked the other 2. Mods can delete.

It's cool. It's just ridiculous that people are upset about it. Khalid Griggs is a great and overdue resource for the increasing population of Muslim students at Wake.

74b53150-2e77-44ba-b70d-2ca08c8deb4e.jpg

I hear not only is he a radical Muslim, but he plans on destroying Wait Chapel; prays 5 times a day toward [Redacted]; calls for boycotting Senior Fifth; and probably helped kill Jesus.:willynilly:

Lock. Delete. Ban.

Nah, but ur dumb if you believe Griggs is radical.

Lock. Delete. Ban.

Nah, but ur dumb if you believe Griggs is radical.

Yea, as previously said, I just heard about this today and have only heard one biased side of things. I'll do some research of my own and probably think of it as a complete non issue.

Interestingly Wake Forest does employ a few radical fundamentalist Christians.

Yea, as previously said, I just heard about this today and have only heard one biased side of things. I'll do some research of my own and probably think of it as a complete non issue.

How would it ever be an issue?

I literally wouldn't care if we had a professor who advocated baby eating and sex with animals. University's are wacky, open marketplaces of ideas, and for that marketplace to thrive you need active conversations. This is especially true with political ideas (in the 50's, communist ideas were "radical" and largely stamped out of some university's -- I hope we can all agree this was a mistake), but I think the same rationale applies to religious ideas. And, in any event, I think discussion about Islam involves its fair measure of political discourse these days.

Interestingly Wake Forest does employ a few radical fundamentalist Christians.

There's nothing wrong with that and you should burn in hell for insinuating there is. You goddamned heathen. Respect the Lord!!!

How would it ever be an issue?

I literally wouldn't care if we had a professor who advocated baby eating and sex with animals. University's are wacky, open marketplaces of ideas, and for that marketplace to thrive you need active conversations. This is especially true with political ideas (in the 50's, communist ideas were "radical" and largely stamped out of some university's -- I hope we can all agree this was a mistake), but I think the same rationale applies to religious ideas. And, in any event, I think discussion about Islam involves its fair measure of political discourse these days.

Well I said non-issue. Meaning not an issue.

But while were at it, if somehow this guy was advocating terrorism, I certainly think that would make it a pretty significant issue. So there's that. Don't mean to be a dick here, but some things should certainly be off limits even at private universities. Obvioulsy advocating terrorism is an extreme.

Back