• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does Wake losing affect your enjoyment of UNC losing?

just wondering what Vitale would say if he said our gut-busting effort against State?

What am I doing in the Joel doing a game that doesn't involve Duke or UNC?

I used to be depressed after losses.

Now, I usually remember we have a game when the second half is starting. I'll put the game on and barely pay attention as I play on the computer. Watch us lose without it ever really being a game. Move on with my life.

Not at all, because now my tar hole friends will keep their stupid mouths shut about our loss.

And have more evidence to prove Roy is not a basketball god.

Thought it would affect my interest in this game, but the way it has played out has been beautiful.

I'm happy, but definitely not as happy as a Pack fan right now

I'm still upset about the game, but I am glad to see what is going down in Tallahassee.

This me too. I don't like it when Wake loses, but it always makes it better when Carowhina gets beat esp. the way it went down in Tally. They deserve it.

I still chuckled at it, but I probably wouldn't have if I expected anything about our season this year and we had that performance.

Apathy changes perspectives.

In my own small, tractor driving mind, anytime we lose is definitely offset when the cheaters lose. This has sustainded me for years!

Being more happy at an opponents defeat than upset about your own team's defeat is a rather small-time mentality, truth be told.

Not at all...nothing takes away the enjoyment of watching UNC-ch lose especially getting blown out.

This + 1

And might I add: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Watching Roy take his team off the court like a bitch made my heart three sizes too big.

Yes because we need to worry more about what we do in our games than what other teams do. Still it is fun when UNC-Ch loses but more fun when we have a win that day.

The only thing that makes me sick is to have NC State fans so happy. Hammering us and watching UNC get smashed just made their month.

Wake losing really only keeps us from being able to taunt after an opposing team does something awful.

This + 1

And might I add: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Watching Roy take his team off the court like a bitch made my heart three sizes too big.

This. That was just icing on the cake watching him ooze off the court

(I did appreciate the Grinch reference, by the way)

The lack of hope is what's keeping Wake fans away from games...not losing as we've accepted that over the years.

Basketball is a March sport and when you have no chance to be part of March now or in the near future basketball is no longer fun. I can't enjoy a huge UNC beat down because they'll be a part of selection Sunday and we won't.

Being more happy at an opponents defeat than upset about your own team's defeat is a rather small-time mentality, truth be told.

+1. No opponent loss makes up for the fact that our once respectable, exciting basketball program has been destroyed. I let out an apathetic ha ha when I saw the UNC score, and then moved on to something else.

But, by all means, laugh at UNC, they deserve it for that game. But fact is for UNC this was a fluke game with Roy as coach. For us it was par for the course with Buzz as coach. That makes it impossible to enjoy.

Wake being terrible makes me have much less interest in college basketball in general.

This is how I feel. I'll still watch in March for sure. It's exciting and it's something to do at work besides work.

Back