• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dom Gibson -- Hurt?

GPDeac

Reaction score
Anyone know if he is injured? Still listed as Harris' backup on the depth chart, but did not play on Saturday (obviously a minor issue, but just curious).

Yeah Grobe said he was banged up, so he didn't play last Saturday.

Martin ran best on Saturday, not that that was anything to rave about. However, he seems to run harder than the others.

Looking at our 2 deep for this week, there are so many true freshmen! I think panic has set in.

Hope Cameron plays a lot, I think. Everyone loves the back-up, but at least he brings a measure of hope! We are all looking for the surprise 2nd coming of Riley.

No one would be more surprised than the coaching staff.

Martin ran best on Saturday, not that that was anything to rave about. However, he seems to run harder than the others.

Looking at our 2 deep for this week, there are so many true freshmen! I think panic has set in.

Hope Cameron plays a lot, I think. Everyone loves the back-up, but at least he brings a measure of hope! We are all looking for the surprise 2nd coming of Riley.

Good to see Martin emerging from the Grobe dog house. He runs more north and south than Harris.

Looking at the two deep was what prompted my question on Dom. Breakdown by class is pretty amazing. Good chance we end up starting 14 sophomores next year, which will enable us to use the bball team's beloved youth excuse!

Number of guys per class below, with number of starters in parentheses. The Junior and Sophomore classes look very weak:

Seniors: 13 (11)
Juniors 10 (4)
Sophomores 6 (3)
Freshman 18 (4)

Bad fumble by Cameron Saturday, maybe it teaches a lesson, got to protect the ball if you run with it.

Martin should be starting in my opinion.

Yep. Should have been the starter all off-season, too. He and Gibson are the only hard running backs we have and that's what we need.

Yep. Should have been the starter all off-season, too. He and Gibson are the only hard running backs we have and that's what we need.

Agree. BTW, expect either Martin or Camp (maybe both) to throw a pass on Saturday. If you see Martin run a sweep early in the game or Camp run the orbit, they are setting up that play.

Agree. BTW, expect either Martin or Camp (maybe both) to throw a pass on Saturday. If you see Martin run a sweep early in the game or Camp run the orbit, they are setting up that play.

It seems like we've scored a TD on State on a trick play nearly every year we've played them since Grobe got here.

Good call.

Would be the best play call by Lobo all year.

Back