• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

ricky rubio with an incredible statement. "Just because he's guilty and the crimes rise to the level of impeachment doesn't mean he should be removed from office."

Having grown up with the book "Profiles In Courage", I wonder how Republican senators can sleep at night.

ricky rubio with an incredible statement. "Just because he's guilty and the crimes rise to the level of impeachment doesn't mean he should be removed from office."

“I will not vote to remove the president because doing so would inflict extraordinary and potentially irreparable damage to our already divided nation,” Rubio said in a statement. “I also reject the argument that unless we call new witnesses this is not a fair trial.”

Really? The removal of Trump, and not letting him remain, will divide our nation? You sure about that Little Marco/Ricky*?

(I also call him Ricky in my head).

Too bad the Dems never called him as a witness. The Dems really fucked the republic on this one. As we slide into dictatorship, I really can't help but blame the Dems for rushing too fast to save the republic.

Maybe we'll get one random republican to vote to remove him on obstruction charges. At least that would piss him off since he could no longer claim that the impeachment was totally partisan. Alexander basically admitted that he thought Trump was guilty, and I don't think he specifically promised to vote against removal. Almost definitely wishful thinking, but it's all I got until the house tries to remove or censure Nunes (since the Dems would control the trial/hearings in that situation).

Maybe we'll get one random republican to vote to remove him on obstruction charges. At least that would piss him off since he could no longer claim that the impeachment was totally partisan. Alexander basically admitted that he thought Trump was guilty, and I don't think he specifically promised to vote against removal. Almost definitely wishful thinking, but it's all I got until the house tries to remove or censure Nunes (since the Dems would control the trial/hearings in that situation).

Not a single one was ever going to defect.

Yeah Romney and Collins.

Think I heard the vote to acquit might not be until Wednesday

Back