• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donavon Greene

Perry and Roberson looked better, as did, obviously, Greene and Hinton

and while acknowledging that Roberson and Hinton play the slot almost exclusively, Claude both started and was on the field for the last few drives

also, Deacs used some trips formations that had Hinton on the outside and seems like they could have done more to get the best players on the field

thought Perry was the much better option on the outside along with Greene for the crucial drives

Last edited:
Got to Yankee Stadium early, and watched Scotty in warmups. He looked great. No limping; ran full speed on a variety of routes (BTW, he is huge; those watching, who didn't know WF football, were all asking "who is that guy?"; he stood out). Based on what I saw, guessing that Scotty elected to not play. Could be wrong, but guessing that he didn't want to aggravate the injury before pro-workouts.

Then he should have stayed home. You would think that some exposure against a decent team, and showing that he was healed, would help his prospects. Reminds me of the Music City Bowl game with Chris Givens.

This game in which a player who got injured and hadn't played in months didn't play reminded you of the Music City Bowl in which Chris Givens actually played?

If you call what Chris Givens did "playing". He made an ass of himself that night.

I'd love to watch it again and see if it was as bad as we remember. Givens had 9 catches for 54 yards. I remember one play where he had alligator arms.

You realize Claude started against Utah State and played a ton of snaps, right? He caught 6 balls for 70 yards. I don't think we had attrition in game 1.

Was not referring to Game 1 against Utah State. Was referencing the Michigan State when Claude took almost every snap because Surratt and Washington were out.

on the long reception for Perry, he probably should have been called for offensive PI

but he showed more oomph on that play than I've seen all year from Claude

I don't know why Perry didn't get more PT this year after the injuries. Seems like he could have gotten a few more of Claude's snaps.

Was not referring to Game 1 against Utah State. Was referencing the Michigan State when Claude took almost every snap because Surratt and Washington were out.

Well yeah, but the point is that Claude got a ton of reps throughout the year (especially early) that would have been better served going to a younger, more talented WR. While he did come up big vs. Utah State, I think pretty much everyone agrees with that point.

Well yeah, but the point is that Claude got a ton of reps throughout the year (especially early) that would have been better served going to a younger, more talented WR. While he did come up big vs. Utah State, I think pretty much everyone agrees with that point.

Yes. Claude has a great story. He must be an excellent man, and a great person to have representing Wake Forest. But I see little reason for him to get as many snaps as he did in the bowl game. This probably isn’t true, but it felt like he was out there more than Kendall was (which isn’t right). AT Perry could’ve got some valuable snaps out there. Maybe the staff doesn’t think he was ready. I’m sure if Waydale was still with the team he would have consumed some snaps from both Claude and Donovan. AT reminds me a lot of Scotty though, tons of length. He should be a solid option in the 2 deep next season.

Rumor has it Donovan Greene has been practicing and can play vs BC if needed.

Rumor has it Donovan Greene has been practicing and can play vs BC if needed.

Very interesting. I’m usually not a fan of throwing a guy back in after missing so much time with our offense humming like this. That said if he’s fully healthy we have a lot on the line. Looking forward to a big comeback from him either way.

Updated info: Donavon is back practicing. Text from informant says “could possibly be used if needed.” Trying to confirm he made trip to BC. Apparently, the tear wasn’t as bad as once thought and he has made a fast recovery.

Updated info: Donavon is back practicing. Text from informant says “could possibly be used if needed.” Trying to confirm he made trip to BC. Apparently, the tear wasn’t as bad as once thought and he has made a fast recovery.

Incredible. Thanks for the update.

Even if he doesn't play, sounds like he could be ready for the ACC Championship if we can take care of business Saturday.

Why not just keep him on the sidelines for the rest of the year and get a medical redshirt for him?

Back